Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Several Networks

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation
Daniel1991
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hello!

I’ve got a big problem.

I have a Arlo system home, and I want to connect to my friends Arlo system.

I don’t want to disconnect from my own system at home.

I don’t want to create a new account for this.

Is this possible?
Otherwise this is something Arlo has to solve.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Your friend would use Settings, Grant access or Settings, People to your email address to start the process. The difference is whether he sees Library to view videos or Feed. If he sees Feed, you also need to see that or you'll need to migrate your account so that both accounts show the same thing.

If he sees Feed but you see Library, you can migrate your account by choosing to add either a Pro 5 or security system to your account, even though you have neither. The first step is to migrate after which you can just back out of the bogus install. Note that you can't go back and any custom modes don't transfer so you'll have to use the 3 default modes to do what you need. Once everyone sees Feed, you would click on Home near the top and choose the bottom selection which is his Home. Each user gets a default Home so you have to click on the appropriate one to see the cameras. I suggest renaming each Home so it's obvious which one to choose. Also take the time to go through the whole thing to see where things are and how they work.

The end result is that you can see his cameras once he has granted access to you and any additional steps are completed.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Your friend would use Settings, Grant access or Settings, People to your email address to start the process. The difference is whether he sees Library to view videos or Feed. If he sees Feed, you also need to see that or you'll need to migrate your account so that both accounts show the same thing.

If he sees Feed but you see Library, you can migrate your account by choosing to add either a Pro 5 or security system to your account, even though you have neither. The first step is to migrate after which you can just back out of the bogus install. Note that you can't go back and any custom modes don't transfer so you'll have to use the 3 default modes to do what you need. Once everyone sees Feed, you would click on Home near the top and choose the bottom selection which is his Home. Each user gets a default Home so you have to click on the appropriate one to see the cameras. I suggest renaming each Home so it's obvious which one to choose. Also take the time to go through the whole thing to see where things are and how they work.

The end result is that you can see his cameras once he has granted access to you and any additional steps are completed.

Daniel1991
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks!
This really helped me out 🙏