Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 15 Replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
tysongach
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have a schedule automation set up for my security system - my goal with it is to turn on the system into Arm Home at 9pm and then switch to Standby mode at 7am. Very basic stuff - I want my alarm on each night.

What I’ve found it that the system automatically goes into Arm Home at 9pm, however, at 7am it never changes to Standby.

A support person told me that a schedule cannot go across multiple days. Therefore, I’d need to create a Arm Home schedule for 9pm to 11:59pm and then another one for 12am to 7am. Is that true? If so that’s very annoying and cumbersome.

Also, when the system changes mode, it chirps - it makes noise! Normally I’m fine with that, but if I follow the instructions above it would mean my system will chirp at midnight when I’m trying to sleep.

How can I have my security system automatically go into Arm Home at 9pm and then Standby at 7am?

15 REPLIES 15
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@tysongach wrote:

A support person told me that a schedule cannot go across multiple days. Therefore, I’d need to create a Arm Home schedule for 9pm to 11:59pm and then another one for 12am to 7am. Is that true? 

Yes.

tysongach
Aspirant
Aspirant

Bummer!

It’s odd though because there are no end times - I set 9pm under the ‘specific time’ label in the app, but I cannot input 11:59pm, then?

tysongach
Aspirant
Aspirant

Here’s what I have in the app - as you can see there is no ‘end time’…

IMG_4030.PNG

image.png

tysongach
Aspirant
Aspirant

Following up here…

I created the following schedule, but it still didn’t work. The alarm did not automatically change to Standby at 7am. 

IMG_4032.PNG

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

@StephenB 's answer was predicated on using the old interface. Since you have a security system, the interface and how it operates is totally different.

My schedule is similar to yours and seems to be working fine (I haven't gotten up in the middle of the night to find out). I have heard the security hub chirp at the appropriate times (you might want to change the schedule times to when you're likely to be awake or dead asleep to miss that chirp). One difference I see is that my action is to Change Mode rather than choosing the mode directly. When using Change Mode you get to pick the mode you want. Have you tried that strategy?

tysongach
Aspirant
Aspirant

Interesting that there’s two app interfaces…

My system does not chirp at midnight, nor does it chirp at 7am. I would definitely hear it if it did - it’s only ~10 feet from my bed.

And I just checked: I do have it set to ‘change mode’ at 7am.

IMG_4033.PNG

By the way, does anyone know what this ‘Always Enabled’ setting means? I’ve read it 10 times and can’t figure out what it means.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

It seems like Always Enabled simply means that you can select them. Not sure why you may want to disable any but...

The two interfaces are due to the introduction of the security system that you have. If you only had the older cameras (older than the new Pro 5) you'd still be using the older interface although I expect that will change over time (maybe Arlo didn't want a mass migration swamping support?).

Try my setup with Then being set to Change Mode with the additional setting of the proper mode for the time period.

Screenshot 2022-12-21 9.17.37 AM.pngScreenshot 2022-12-21 9.17.51 AM.png

tysongach
Aspirant
Aspirant

I already am using ‘Change Mode’

IMG_4034.PNG

IMG_4036.PNG

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

You must be on iOS because Android displays differently. If it's an iOS app issue, someone else will have to jump in.

Screenshot 2022-12-21 9.45.10 AM.png

tysongach
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes, I’m on iOS (16.2) with the latest version of the Arlo app.

RangeWolf
Star
Star

I have the same exact problem. My schedule enables home mode at 10pm but my schedule to enable standby mode at 5am doesn’t work. I’ve deleted it and recreated it and it still doesn’t work. The old interface I had to create a schedule that showed 10pm to 11:59pm “home” then another 12am to 5am “home” then one for “standby” from 5:01am to 9:59pm. This new interface doesn’t provide a start and stop time. The programmers for the application are simply awful. How they can make great hardware and have such a horribly buggy application is beyond me. Do they not use their own software?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

The 4.x UI schedule does work overnight BUT one thing I've found is that picking the exact hour at night has an issue. My nighttime mode was scheduled to switch at 11:00PM but wouldn't work. After trying various things, I tried setting it for 11:01 and 10:59 - both worked fine.

RangeWolf
Star
Star

Okay, programmatically it makes no sense to me but I did as jguerdat suggested and changed the "awake" time to 5:01 and now both "Sleep" and "Awake" schedules work. I've tried everything to get the Awake schedule to work but this change seems to have fixed it including changing the time to 6:00am but that didn't work either. It's weird that the Sleep scheduled is set to 10:00 and it has always worked to arm my system but the 5:00 schedule would not change the mode to Standby no matter what I tried. Changing the time to 5:01 and now it works.  Anyway, thanks jguerdat for the insight I would have never considered. Now if I could get it to not notify every Apple device in my house that it's changed the mode to standby I would be in at peace. 

speeb269
Aspirant
Aspirant

This!

I had a similar issue where I set my schedule to standby at 7AM and again at 5PM. With Away mode at 10AM and 7PM. I could not get the 5pm standby to work until I changed it to 5:01. 

Thank you @jguerdat!

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I'm slowly slogging my way through the night trying to find the time(s) that don't work at the exact hour. SLow work since it's one hour a night...