Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
HarryGinSC
Guide
Guide

Our cameras detect and record just fine. After the recording is created I see the still frame of the new recording in the "Devices" window, but the recording never gets loaded to my library.  This started around 1 pm EST today, Monday, December 11, 2023.  I've just wasted an hour with online Arlo tech support chat restarting my base station and removing and re-adding cameras.  And, of course, none of that worked since the base station and cameras are all working just fine!  This is obviously an issue on the Arlo end of things.

Is anyone else missing their recordings in the Library window?  Arlo makes it sound like it's only me having this problem.

Thanks,

Harry G.

Best answers
  • JamesC
    Community Manager
    Community Manager

We're continuing to investigate reports of this issue. For updates, you can view status.arlo.com as we work toward a solution.

JamesC

• JamesC
    Community Manager
    Community Manager

We're currently investigating reports from some users who are experiencing this issue. I will provide an update once we have more information to share.

JamesC

68 REPLIES 68
tson57
Aspirant
Aspirant

My app tells me I have a recording (7 cameras), but I cannot see the recordings in my library. Please advise

AllUsedUp
Tutor
Tutor

my cameras and system have worked ok for a few years.  Tonight i have had motion detection notices in my system but they do not appear in the library section.  I have rebooted the device that stores the videos and have tested with giving a camera motion, but still nothing appears in the Library section although I have been notified of motion.

MLW5097
Aspirant
Aspirant

My recordings suddenly stopped showing up in my library.  I’ve rebooted base and cameras, deleted and reinstalled app on iPhone, removed and reinstalled cameras, turned phone off and on.  Cameras are recording and I am receiving notifications, but nothing moving into library.  This is local.

PinnSec
Initiate
Initiate

Happened to me just after 10 am PST today 12/11. I get a notification but No more recordings in the library.  I reset the camera and app all to no avail. Hoping for a quick resolution.

CaveDweller
Tutor
Tutor

Same here, but recording stopped at 5:21 pm.  Cannot retrieve recordings from either the library or directly from my two hubs.  Must be an outage on their front end.  

Parvaneh
Initiate
Initiate

Hello,

I have same problem since December 10.

Kooguy
Guide
Guide

This is insane! We just got through the sound not working on these cameras, with the 17.2 OS update - now the libraries are not working!!

Total BS Arlo - get this fixed ASAP!

sonsu640
Aspirant
Aspirant

Since today, none of recordings save in the library. 
There is ONE recording from last night, which I am not able to delete. I clicked delete, but it appears in the library again. 

I have re-install base station, remove all 5 cameras and resync them, power off and on, but none of them are working. 

I also tried to manual record livestream, which also NOT able to be saved in the library. Need help urgently please!

Nikhk
Aspirant
Aspirant

I still receive notification and Live video clip from APP but the library stop updating after 0730 on 12 12 Dec

DT73
Aspirant
Aspirant

Todays activity is not saving to library.  Any ideas. 5 cameras stopped earlier today and have an active subscription.

DT73
Aspirant
Aspirant

Same here 5 cameras not adding to library from this morning 9.53am 12.12.23

HarryGinSC
Guide
Guide

My library now appears to be updated again as of 250 am EST Tuesday 12/12/23. 

I’d love to hear an explanation of what happened. 

I’d also like to hear what changes Arlo will make to better get the word out to users and technical support staff when an outage of this magnitude happens again. 

Thanks,

Harry G. 

CaveDweller
Tutor
Tutor

Video recordings are back here this morning.  

DrSuperior
Tutor
Tutor

Videos are now appearing and operating as usual.  

JennyE
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks, Arlo for getting all videos back on!

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

This issue is now resolved. Library/Feed recordings should be visible now as expected.

JamesC

AllUsedUp
Tutor
Tutor

It was the local internet supplier failure that did it.  Rebooted that and things work well now.

accentcleaners
Tutor
Tutor

Thanks for the apology James, that was really heart felt! Really?!

Sqrwiel
Aspirant
Aspirant

Have same issue. No previous records. After sd format and few restarts library back but still do not save any records.