Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Unable to add Ultra camera to plan?

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
jzeph00
Aspirant
Aspirant

Essentially, I factory reset one of the Ultra cameras, and then set it up. When I set it up, I believe it forces a temporary trial period, therefore not applying the unlimited camera plan that I pay for.

When I cancel the trial period, I am unable to add the camera to my plan. I've looked on both iOS application and the my.arlo web portal, and am at wits' end. TIA!

Everything is all updated, as well. For the base, mobile device, cameras, etc. Wifi is also not the issue. I've gone through the forums and troubleshooting pages, but it all relates to the prior application. 

3 REPLIES 3
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@jzeph00 wrote:

Essentially, I factory reset one of the Ultra cameras, and then set it up. When I set it up, I believe it forces a temporary trial period, therefore not applying the unlimited camera plan that I pay for.

It shouldn't restart the trial.  And if it does do that for some reason the best strategy would be to let the trial run.  When it expires it would automatically shift to your paid subscription.

@jzeph00 wrote:

I've looked on both iOS application and the my.arlo web portal, and am at wits' end. TIA!

Managing the subscription can't be done from the iOS app. But you should be able to do it from my.arlo.com.

Are you seeing "Library" in the dashboard?  Or are you seeing "Dashboard" and "Feed" instead? 

jzeph00
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you for your response, 

Every time I factory reset a camera, it enables an automatic trial. It doesn't have the effects of being active - there are no actual recordings being saved, no notifications, etc. It's almost as though the camera is recognized to be "in trial", yet it's not. 

On the my.arlo dashboard,  see the most updated interface, which consists of "feed", "dashboard", etc. 

I appreciate your efforts immensely. This has been an ongoing situation for 1-2 months now. 

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

Can you make a manual recording when livestreaming the camera?