Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
HarryGinSC
Guide
Guide

Our cameras detect and record just fine. After the recording is created I see the still frame of the new recording in the "Devices" window, but the recording never gets loaded to my library.  This started around 1 pm EST today, Monday, December 11, 2023.  I've just wasted an hour with online Arlo tech support chat restarting my base station and removing and re-adding cameras.  And, of course, none of that worked since the base station and cameras are all working just fine!  This is obviously an issue on the Arlo end of things.

Is anyone else missing their recordings in the Library window?  Arlo makes it sound like it's only me having this problem.

Thanks,

Harry G.

Best answers
  • JamesC
    Community Manager
    Community Manager

We're continuing to investigate reports of this issue. For updates, you can view status.arlo.com as we work toward a solution.

JamesC

• JamesC
    Community Manager
    Community Manager

We're currently investigating reports from some users who are experiencing this issue. I will provide an update once we have more information to share.

JamesC

68 REPLIES 68
accentcleaners
Tutor
Tutor

I agree! Arlo did something! The last video I show is at 11:00 am eastern time. I even checked my subscription to make sure it was active (and the stupid app credited me a partial month and re subscribed me!). Come on Arlo, get it together. If there is a problem on the server end... Just say so! Send out a notice to all subscribers with an apology and stop making us waste our time thinking we (or our equipment) are the problem.

Mike_Bellucci
Star
Star

Same problem here. Last clip found in the feed is at 12:03 PM EST.  

My original thought was to reboot.  

Rebooted base station several times without resolution. 

This must be a server issue then. 

Interesting enough if you look at the dashboard in the app, the preview of the camera is the last event that has occurred but unfortunately the clip was never saved to the feed. 

Putting a thumb drive back to record events locally for now.  

TinayYA
Aspirant
Aspirant

Same here. I get notifications but no recordings. Also my existing recordings cannot be deleted. I have several generations of Arlo's from the Q, Pros, Pro 4, Ultra,Doorbell and Ultra 2. Same thing will all cameras. Rebooted the base and no change with recording issue. Last recording was 13:23 CST today 12/11/23

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

We're currently investigating reports from some users who are experiencing this issue. I will provide an update once we have more information to share.

JamesC

Orrfamily
Apprentice
Apprentice

Just went in my app to check recording and it’s not showing any new recordings since 9am today but I am getting notification of recordings

NDPendant
Aspirant
Aspirant

JamesC,

Thanks for the response.  Looking forward to seeing this fixed.

Lowder321
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am having the same problem!!

CB319
Initiate
Initiate

yes it needs to be fixed..apparently your chat support agents don't know this..they had me do stuff that didn't work..it needs to be fixed asap!

plee45
Aspirant
Aspirant

Same issues here as well.  Tried all of the reset procedures on the cameras.  None of the cameras record to the library as of today.

DrSuperior
Tutor
Tutor

Same here.  Obviously an issue on the Arlo side which will hopefully be corrected.  Arlo Support is virtually useless and unresponsive.

Steph129
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi all, hoping to find out why my brand new Arlo Essential Outdoor solar backup cameras (Costco purchase) are not showing the recordings in my history. Just today was my first trial run while at work and the USPS carrier delivered a package to my front porch. I was notified when my animals moved about, but NOTHING to show a postal vehicle parking or the carrier delivering the package on my front porch. Any ideas as to why the video isn’t showing in my history from today? I don’t know why it’s not showing up. I’ve closed and re-opened the app. The latest shown video was from 9am for animal movement. And yet, when I first opened the app after work, I saw on my dashboard porch camera frozen image, a photo of the carrier on her way to my porch. Why isn’t the actual video footage able to be viewed? Is there a problem with the software? Help!!

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

JamesC

Frustrated5150
Tutor
Tutor

Everything was working great, then I started getting notifications of activity on my cameras.  I went to my library and there was no video.  I went to the live video and that worked ok.  I have tried everything, from resetting to completely removing the device and reinstalling the base unit then the cameras.  I was on the phone with Arlo Support for over three hours and in that time they couldn't tell me why this was happening.  Then I get a notice from an Arlo tech stating that my recordings are working ok.  I already knew this and had established that in the 3 plus hours on the phone with the Support Agent.  The problem is the videos are not showing in the library.  Since the Arlo Support team was no help I was hoping that someone here might have a suggestion.  Thank you.

Maryspenc
Initiate
Initiate

I can live view and record there but the video is not showing in the library. This all of a sudden happened on all my three cameras. I have troubleshooted by rebooting cameras, taking batteries out, rebooting network and nothing seems to work. I have a subscription so it’s not that.  I get motion notifications but when I go to open them in the library there is nothing there. 

RogueRobot
Aspirant
Aspirant

Same problem here. Haven’t gotten any recordings since 6 am today. 

RogueRobot
Aspirant
Aspirant

Same problem here but since 6 am Pacific. 

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

We're continuing to investigate reports of this issue. For updates, you can view status.arlo.com as we work toward a solution.

JamesC

Mattie1930
Aspirant
Aspirant

My Arlo pro cameras all stopped recording I have the 7 days free recording, I  my cameras are  several years old and were working fine

DrSuperior
Tutor
Tutor

Thank you JamesC.

MB-SOCAL
Apprentice
Apprentice

8 cams with subscription plan not showing up in library since 12:10 pm PST

NOT ACCEPTABLE!

JennyE
Aspirant
Aspirant

Notice pops up that there was activity, but no video recordings in the library since 10am Pacific time today 12/11/23. Have tried turning iPhone 8 on/off, deleting and installing Arlo app, Wifi on/off...no luck so far. 

Guess I'm in good, though frustrated company. 

Hoping for a solution!

Frustrated5150
Tutor
Tutor

I can top that.  I was on the phone with Arlo Support for over three hours, plus another 2 hours resetting everything.  It looks like I did all the same things you did.  I still have no video recordings in the library.  Clearly, this is something on Arlos end.  I wish I didn't have to spend so much time on this today.  I'm thinking of getting a different type of security system.  One that has good customer service.  

Frustrated5150
Tutor
Tutor

I pay $17.99 a months.  I get no customer service.  Waste of a day

Frustrated5150
Tutor
Tutor

I pay for my service and still have no videos.  The videos just stopped early this afternoon.  I still get the notifications.