Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras

Discussion stats
  • 13 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
Ttpp
Follower
Follower

Hello everyone, I’m looking to get some help here. I have an arlo essential camera linked to the app, I purchased a cloud video saving subscription from the arlo website. When I go to access that feature on the app it tells me that I have found a premium feature. It then tells me that I need to go to arlos website and purchase a plan. However when I’m on the website and I hit view camera it automatically takes me to the app and literally shows me the feed of my camera. Essentially the app is telling me to add the camera to my account on the website and the website is not allowing me to do so and takes me right back to the app. I am at a loss. Anyone know what I can do ? 

13 REPLIES 13
DannyBearAgain
Master
Master

You can only manage your camera subscription using the arlo website login site my.arlo.com, when logged in go to settings/subscription to manage which camera gets the subscription.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

HI @Ttpp 

I'm not seeing any subscription associated with your account. Can you sign in and check your Account subscription status here: https://my.arlo.com/#/login

javad
Guide
Guide

This is borderline fraud. The "feed" is disabled for you to buy subscription. Without purchased subscription that message will not go away. This information is not communicated to buyers at time of purchase or mentioned on the package.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @javad 

Can you provide more detail regarding this issue you are experiencing so I can better assist you. 

Thank you 

javad
Guide
Guide

"Feed" on the app does not work anymore. It shows this screen:

"We found a premium feature.

Visit Arlo on the web to manage plans and devices."

When I purchase the unit, I did not know that this function will be disabled after a month. Nowhere on the package mentions this.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Cloud recordings require an Arlo Secure subscription after the trial expires. Did you purchase this device from the Arlo shop with original packaging? 

javad
Guide
Guide

Bought it from best buys. 

Returning the device is not an issue. All the the work I did. and time wasted to purchase and install it is the issue.

Why is this information NOT clearly communicated to potential buyers?

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

The sleeve of the packaging has the Arlo Smart Trial included label and description of features. There is also a disclaimer at the bottom with additional information. I have reset your trial period and you can remove and re-onboard your camera to receive the extended trial benefits. 

Screenshot 2023-12-07 at 10.53.30 AM.png

javad
Guide
Guide

I have disconnected and trashed the device. I don't want my data transmitted to cloud service of a company like yours who is not upfront with the customers and instead of customer service, hides behind "disclaimer."

GOOD BY!

yanifarinas
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am having the same issue I purchase the subscription and when I check it says no plan is selected for the device

DannyBearAgain
Master
Master

@yanifarinas ,

Have you tried the arlo website login my.arlo.com with a pc web browser to manage the subscription to pair with your camera?

yanifarinas
Aspirant
Aspirant

yes I did but this begging when my trial subscription end and I purchase the new one. it record locally but, on the feed you can see the video for a few seconds and then it disappears. 

I also have doorbell in another location which I purchase a separate subscription is not working either not recording

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @yanifarinas Please reach out to the Support Team to further investigate this issue you are experiencing. You can find several options for contacting support though the Arlo Mobile App by navigating to the Profile icon > Support Center > Select device > contact