Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras

App glitches…device tab, cameras show up fine but then one by one switch to offline. I know they ar.

Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation
Retired_Member
Not applicable

App glitches on devices tab. Cameras show up as normal then one by one go to “appears offline” screen. I know they’re working properly and if I catch it before it turns, I can live stream. 

9 REPLIES 9
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Retired_Member wrote:

App glitches on devices tab. Cameras show up as normal then one by one go to “appears offline” screen. I know they’re working properly and if I catch it before it turns, I can live stream. 

What camera models?

Are they connected via a hub?  Or are they connected to your home wifi?

Is this also happening on a PC (my.arlo.com)?

Retired_Member
Not applicable

I have a few different camera models. Newer ones are essential floodlights. Older ones as well   They’re connected to a home base station via Wi-Fi. This is happening on my iPhone app as well as ipad app. Do not have a pc or laptop 

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Retired_Member wrote:

I have a few different camera models. Newer ones are essential floodlights. 

The only floodlight camera is the pro 3 floodlight.  I am thinking you must mean the essential spotlight (VMC2030).

@Retired_Member wrote:

They’re connected to a home base station via Wi-Fi. 

Does power-cycling the base station bring them back on line?

Retired_Member
Not applicable

No, they are actually online. It’s only on the app when I go to the device page and try and live stream that they switch to it saying offline 

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Retired_Member wrote:

No, they are actually online. It’s only on the app when I go to the device page and try and live stream that they switch to it saying offline 

And what do you do after that happens???

Retired_Member
Not applicable

Once they switch to appears to be offline, they stay that was on the device page. Even though they say that, they continue to work. If I hard close the app and open it again, I can see the cameras on my device page again for a few seconds then they all switch to appear to be offline. 

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Retired_Member wrote:

Once they switch to appears to be offline, they stay that was on the device page. 

What is the LED status on the base station when the cameras shift to "offline"?

Retired_Member
Not applicable

All green 

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Retired_Member wrote:

All green 

Ok.  When they go offline, have you tried shifting to your other device (iPhone to iPad for instance), and see if the other device also shows the offline status?