No sound notifications at night

Discussion stats
  • 10 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
Tastebuddy
Guide
Guide

Since installing these new cameras and updating the app, I no longer get any sound notifications at night.  The recordings are there, but there are no noise/sound alerts.  So, when the car pulled in to my driveway at 5 am, no one was alerted.  It sort of defeats the purpose.  I do not have DnD on my phone and can find nothing in the setup which would cause it to stop at night.  please help !  

10 REPLIES 10
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Tastebuddy wrote:

Since installing these new cameras and updating the app, I no longer get any sound notifications at night.  The recordings are there, but there are no noise/sound alerts.  So, when the car pulled in to my driveway at 5 am, no one was alerted.  It sort of defeats the purpose.  I do not have DnD on my phone and can find nothing in the setup which would cause it to stop at night.  please help !  

iOS or Android?

Are you getting notifications with sound during the day?

Did you set up a schedule for the cameras?

Tastebuddy
Guide
Guide

I am getting notifications / sound during the day and no I did not set up a schedule.  It is set to Arm Home like it always is.   I don't even think the new app has "schedules" ?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Schedules are set in Routines in the Automation selection. Click on "+" and choose Add Schedule. Might be worth just looking there to be sure.

Have you checked Arm Home for the various settings? Have you checked the phone settings for the app to verify nothing could be interfering?

Tastebuddy
Guide
Guide

Nothing is set in Schedules.   Arm Home is set to alert me, that's it.  It doesn't have a day/night option.  "Phone settings for the app to verify nothing is interfering"...  like what?  Notifications are the same as they were before.  I do not have a DnD on.  

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Tastebuddy,

Are you able to manually test this tonight to see if you can replicate the same behavior?

To clarify, do you receive the push notification that motion has been detected, there is just no audible notification associated with it?

JamesC

Tastebuddy
Guide
Guide

I've been "testing" it for weeks now, in that, when I wake up in the morning and actually touch or pick up my phone, AFTER that, it will send audible notifications for vehicle, person detected etc.  I can SEE the push notifications from during the night, but I know that none of them were audible, otherwise I would have heard them.  

This morning, someone was in my driveway at 5 am.  No audible notification, but it did send the push notification and the camera recorded.  After I checked my phone around 6:00 am to see what time it was, it sent an audible notification around 6:20 when another motion was detected.   I've been noticing this for weeks now, that I'm seeing notifications that should have had an audible at night, but they're not beeping.  it's like Arlo is putting itself to bed. 

I do not have dnd turned on or set up and I do not have "bedtime routine" set up.  

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Tastebuddy,

Is your mobile device an iOS or an Android device?

Do you use any other devices along with it (iPad, tablet, other phones etc.)?

JamesC

Tastebuddy
Guide
Guide

Pixel 6.   No other devices.  before the new cameras and the app update, it worked fine in the middle of the night

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

This sounds like your mobile device is putting the app to sleep overnight, likely when it's been idle for a period of time.

If you take a look at the app permissions and notifications settings for the Arlo Secure mobile app on your pixel device (press and hold on the app icon, then tap app info). Is anything disabled or toggled off?

JamesC

MikeMW
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have the exact same issue. I have a Galaxy S22+. Always got the audible alert day and night. Since installing new arlo pro 4 cameras, no audible alert at night.  I do use DND at night,  but allow the Arlo app access. Same as before.