Shared Account setup

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
dmvcomics
Aspirant
Aspirant

I was invited to another account as a Shared User. I had an existing Arlo account (although there are currently no active devices on it), and followed the steps here to gain account access:
https://kb.arlo.com/000062933/How-do-I-add-friends-on-my-Arlo-Secure-app-Arlo-Secure-4-0

After completing the steps, nothing seems to have changed in my dashboard. I had previously been a Shared User for a different account, and at that time I was able to figure out how to switch Location to see the correct camera feed. But this time there are no additional Locations for me to choose from-- just the default Location associated with my account.

In my dashboard I see no indication that I have successfully accepted the invite. HOWEVER, the main account holder is saying that my invite shows as Accepted.

At this point he has sent me MANY invites, and I have gone through the acceptance process for all of them-- but still nothing in my Dashboard has changed. I have gone through the steps on PC and via my Android App.

IMPORTANT NOTE: If I turn Notifications On in my Android App-- I DO get motion notifications for the shared cameras. That says to me that I AM successfully connected to the account-- but I don't seem to have any ability to VIEW the camera feeds. If I touch the notification-- it brings me to the Arlo Feed in my app-- but there are no devices available for the feed.

This whole process has been rather confusing-- I'm hoping you can shed some light on what we're doing wrong-- or what is broken on your end. Thanks!!

3 REPLIES 3
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

My guess is that the person who shared cameras with you is using the old user interface (UI) that uses Library to view videos. In order for sharing to work properly he will have to migrate his account to the new UI that uses Feed for videos. He should use Add Device and choose either the Pro 5 or security system although he has neither. The first step is to migrate the account to the new UI after which he can simply back out of the bogus install. He should know that he can't revert to the old UI and custom modes don't migrate so he'll have to use the 3 default modes to do what he needs. He should also take the time to go through the whole UI to learn where things are and how they work.

dmvcomics
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks for your help! I was able to confirm the main account holder has the old interface with the "Library". So this is likely the issue. But we haven't taken the time to migrate his account yet, so I'm not 100% sure this is the fix. (He has a few other people who he also shares videos with, and we want to make sure we have the time to migrate all of the accounts at once). Thanks again for taking the time to respond 🙂

It seems like we can also just wait it out until all accounts are automatically migrated over to the new UI? Do you know if there is any loose timeline for when that might be happening?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I'm sure it's "soon". Your definition of soon may differ from Arlo's.