Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
Wickedly
Star
Star

I was sent an email in January discussing the price increase along with introduction of annual plans. 

they stated in the email and on the website that all plans will now be 4k. 

except now on the website with the new annual plans available they do not all include 4k. 

From the email:

Universal 4K Support

All of our plans now support 4K high resolution cloud recording. Users with Ultra or Ultra 2 can step down a plan and pay less for an equivalent service.

Are you going to support 4k on all plans as you promised?

49 REPLIES 49
detroitlions
Star
Star

This is a complete and utter clown show which Arlo squarely created for themselves.  Three days later and I am still waiting on support to email me with an update although I'm sure I will find out here first.  As to the non-US people not getting the option to have it in 4K, I would be livid too.  I would love to know their reasoning to not universally offer it.

hhzhao
Star
Star

Same here. I changed my subscription from Secure Plus to an annual Secure multi-camera, now I am seeing only 2K cloud recording now! Arlo needs to put their act together NOW to fix that before some class action on their part by vlast new plan emails month ago that promised the new plans will support universal 4K resolution.

tjptony
Star
Star

They obviously never tested this in their live environment.  Not only does the subscription page state 2k, and not 4k.  But I lost all 4k ability as you did when I changed to the yearly billing Secure plan.  They should just give everyone with this problem the secure plus plan for 1 year for free.  It really does not provide much more than the Secure plan.  Come on Arlo, it’s all about customer service!

tjptony
Star
Star

It’s 2k.  If you download a movie to your photo album and look at the properties it will not have a 4k resolution.  They had told me is was just labeled 2k.  I sent them a movie, screen capture etc to prove it.  You can compare it to any older 4k video that you have. 

tjptony
Star
Star

Don’t upgrade it will drop to 2k.  Been there done that. And it did warn me the 4k would be removed. 

Dipper
Apprentice
Apprentice

James C where are you?

tjptony
Star
Star

It should retain 4k (in the US), but it does not.  If you upgrade now, like many of us did you loose 4k local and cloud recording.  Until they change that webpage to 4k, and fix the back end subscription process you should wait.  No idea when they will fix this.  

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

A cloud fix was released that should resolve this issue. Please let us know if you continue experiencing this behavior.

JamesC

Dipper
Apprentice
Apprentice

Not if it occurred within the last hour.  Still getting 2K cloud and 2K streaming.    Also still have orange dots above the gear on all my cams.  This happened as well after the plan change

KYghetto
Tutor
Tutor

Nothing has changed, still not getting 4K recording on my Ultra 2's.

tjptony
Star
Star

Just checked this. 5:10pm EST US time.  Camera recordings are still in 2k, and it still shows as 2k on the screen.  I still think they need to change the subscription to fix this.  
And the subscription page still says 2k for the Secure Plan. 

osiks5
Tutor
Tutor

I’m seeing 4K again now. 

Thanks for fixing it Arlo!

Dipper
Apprentice
Apprentice

Not fully back for me yet.  

I was able to stream 4K on one camera one time.    The 4K streaming setting has at least come back on under the cameras.   But now the stamp on the stream still says 2K.    My cloud recordings are still in 2K.  At least that's what it says on the recording stamp.

Tried logging out of the app and logging back in on several of my devices.  But no luck.

Wonder if Arlo we send out a Mea Culpa apology after all of this.   Obvious though the community forum is the only way to bring attention to this stuff.  The tech support chat or call in is worthless. 

osiks5
Tutor
Tutor

Maybe give it some more time. Somewhere between 10:36 and 10:53 Eastern my recordings switched over to 4K. Same with live streams. Perhaps it’s still propagating through the environment. 

detroitlions
Star
Star

I just received a reply from Arlo support saying they pushed a fix out earlier this morning and to test my cameras out.  I can confirm they are not yet in 4K but I will give them the benefit of the doubt and try again in a few hours in case this fix needs to propagate.

tjptony
Star
Star

No luck for me.  Just emails telling me to update the case or it will close in 7 days.  No changes, it says 2k and the movie size is 2k. 

osiks5
Tutor
Tutor

For a different reason I actually moved my base station this morning so it rebooted when I unplugged it. Not saying that will fix it you everyone here but maybe try that?

RegularJoe
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

I get fed up with the "update" emails. I was messaging with them about the inability to delete emails... I finally fixed that problem by myself. I keep getting messages about "updating" about that. 2 or 3 messages back, I told them "I fixed it, let's get to work on not being able to swipe to the next video while viewing". It's like they don't read the crap... cause they're still wanting me to play tag about the deletion stuff.

Wickedly
Star
Star

I can confirm this is now fixed. Website updated correctly and subscription works as detailed

tjptony
Star
Star

I do see the website is fixed.  It looks like if I try to walk through a subscription for annual secure plan now for $119.88 that I have a credit for $125.63 so plus a tax of $7.49 it will cost me a $1.74 to start subscribe again for the same plan.  Odd.  I will wait until tomorrow to decide if I’ll do this.  Odd way to fix the issue since they have communicated this to us. They should just fix the subscription on our account. 

hhzhao
Star
Star

As of this morning (after 4am EST), all my camera cloud and local resolution have been changed to 4K now. Good that has been fixed. Now I am having another issue which all the bridge no longer work with HomeKit now. I will raise that in another forum discussion, but just want to anyone to be aware if you are using HomeKit.

tjptony
Star
Star

Same thing for me.  Woke up and 4k is now working. My bridges are working, but I do not use HomeKit. 

ScottR32
Tutor
Tutor

I am back to good as well, however still very disappointed in Arlo for not communicating this known issue to their support agents. The result, of which, was the continued waste of customer and agent time in troubleshooting it. Sadly, I feel this become the new “normal” with Arlo.

tjptony
Star
Star

Yes, six days to fix this end we knew more about the problem than they did.  Surly they know who has 4k cameras, and who changed plans.  They should have emailed all of us, that  is just good customer service.  

TimAndridge
Aspirant
Aspirant

My plans are still showing as 2K and have not changed to 4K as the new pricing stated would happen. I have the $12.99 plan and it still shows 2K