Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras

Do the "Push Notifications" ever work consistently on Android?

Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
Joseph17
Apprentice
Apprentice

First post, but liking my Pro 5s camera so far. I just have the single camera for now and may add another soon. I pretty much got it working good enough and figured out fairly well. Normally I can find an answer to anything online but having less luck with Arlo fix searchs, thus the post.

I can live with only getting the email alerts but was curious about the push alerts. I get a random one now and then but was wondering about others experiences or opinions.  Phone is a pixel 7 if it matters.  I get the email alerts on it and all our other devices. I've reset everything,, updated software, turned all things on and off repeatedly to no avail.

My guess is that it's not working for anyone or it's being stymied by Arlo for some reason.

9 REPLIES 9
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I have a Pixel 6, not 7, and push notifications work fine here. To be clear, you have both email as well as push notifications enabled for all cameras in all modes (as appropriate) set? Have you made changes to the Smart Notifications that could cause this?

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Joseph17 wrote:

I can live with only getting the email alerts but was curious about the push alerts. I get a random one now and then but was wondering about others experiences or opinions. 

Are you sharing the cameras with another account?

Joseph17
Apprentice
Apprentice

Thanks for your quick response!

I have both email and push notifications enabled within the Arlo Secure app, routines, modes,  then under "arm home" and "arm away",  Nothing set under "standby".   I've toggled them on and off, saved, etc several times.

No changes with the Smart alerts; have People, Vehicles, and All Other Motion toggled to on, all else is off.

I'll figure it out eventually, I'm thinking it must be a Pixel 7 setting or Android 13 issue. Not sure really though, yet.

Frankly do I even need the push notifications since I'm getting the email ones regularly. Sometimes there is a delay with the emails notifications arriving. Typical stuff there.

Joseph17
Apprentice
Apprentice

No, I'm not. Thanks for the help!

Joseph17
Apprentice
Apprentice

Push notifications still not working on my Pixel 7.  Pretty much tried everything I can find on the topic. Phone is Pixel 7 running android 13. At this point I'd be willing to pay for a solution but I'm confident there isn't one and Arlo isn't doing anything about it or even offering a logical option to try.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Have you checked the phone settings for the Arlo app for how notifications are set?

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Joseph17,

This sounds like it could be an issue with push notification permissions on your Android device. Try the following:

To enable or disable push notifications at the Android system level:

On your Android device, tap Settings > Notifications. 
Tap All apps.
Tap on the Arlo Secure App. 
Tap on toggle button to enable or disable push notifications.

Joseph17
Apprentice
Apprentice

I'm not getting them and have tried just about everything out there including all the canned fixes out there that never work.  It seems like there are previous topics on the subject, some from years back on other Arlo cameras, but never a definitive solution that someone confirms works. Still seeking a solution here.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Joseph17,

Given the troubleshooting steps you've already taken, I encourage you to reach out to the Arlo Support team and open a ticket to further investigate this issue. You can contact Arlo Support by logging in to the Arlo Secure mobile app and navigating to Settings > Support.

JamesC