Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
Illuminating
Follower
Follower

I’ve used Arlo since 2017. The app was incredibly customizable. When I updated the system to the Pro 5s, doorbell, flood light, and still some old cameras that still work well. I received a free trial and a new Arlo Secure app interface. What an incredible disappointment the new  Arlo Secure app is. I have to mess with the modes all day because they’ve taken away the customization.  I have lots of cameras in large property and have dealt with daytime theft. So I like to be notified if I’m on one side of the house but I don’t want to have to engage so much with the app just to stop the notifications if I’m walking around the house or working outside. With the old customization I had up to 10 different one touch options to control my cameras. Super easy. 
- It’s 3 mode choices are an “all or nothing” and confusing if you don’t have the right setting on one. 
-as far as I can tell I have only 3 customizable options. 
-Arm Away (protect your home in, and out wild hare away)  basically, all your cameras are on
-Arm Home (stay protected, when at home with certain devices you choose to stay armed) 

-Standby (disarm your devices, and keep specific ones armed)  

Sounds like the same mode to me who designed this? 
-You just can’t delete all your video with select all, you now have to go into privacy settings… etc.etc.
 -I am receiving hundreds of email notifications with each camera trigger. It’s unnecessary. 
when I tried to re-search how to do certain things, it kept, showing me how to do it on the old customizable system, and not the new secure. 
-you guys need to make the new system flow better and you need to actually have videos with visuals for “how to use” 

4 REPLIES 4
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Illuminating,

The development team is currently reviewing feedback about the experience with viewing and navigating the recording feed within the new app UI. Enhancements are being considered for future versions of the app. I will provide more information as soon as it becomes available.

There are many helpful tips and guides within the Arlo knowledge base for these new features. You may find the following article particularly useful when creating or adjusting your modes/rules: https://kb.arlo.com/000062777/About-Arlo-Routines-Modes-Rules-and-Automations

JamesC

Jemjem
Initiate
Initiate

This app is infuriating. 

I can’t for the life of me work out how to do geofencing. 

I use cameras for work and have them all over the city and need to have geo fencing up and running and ever since I was forced into upgrading, I’ve lost that function. 

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Jemjem,

If you're experiencing issues with Geofencing, take a look at the following article for tips on how to troubleshoot: https://kb.arlo.com/000062271/Why-isn-t-the-Geofencing-mode-working

JamesC

QuintusPre
Luminary
Luminary

That’s not his problem. Geofencing should allow us to switch out customizable modes. We need more than just three modes! Please bring back the ability to create customizable modes and scheduling of modes based on geolocation like the original Arlo app.

I like the new UI but why would you take away customizable modes and scheduling!