Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Unable to change summer time / daylight savings in Arlo Secure

Discussion stats
  • 20 Replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 7 In Conversation
chicane
Apprentice
Apprentice

It seems the timezone setting is greyed out and I need to change it to +11 not +10 (daylight savings/summer time just started here). it seems hard locked to the address location no matter what address I select. Surely this is an oversight to not allow timezone to be set independently of address? 

20 REPLIES 20
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @chicane 

Have you tried adjusting it via this article here: https://kb.arlo.com/000062607/How-do-I-set-the-time-zone-for-my-Arlo-camera

chicane
Apprentice
Apprentice

Hi @ShayneS 

Thanks for replying

However, the My Devices under Settings option does not exist with the new Arlo Secure app (Support suggested same thing). 

Cheers

Jgrae
Guide
Guide

I have the exact same problem. Option to change timezone is greyed out and on the new app, it doesn't have the same settings as what the help article says :(. Please help 

Jgrae
Guide
Guide

That setting doesn't exist in the new app. How do we change timezone in the new app (which I say is rubbish compared to the old one)

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Jgrae wrote:

How do we change timezone in the new app

The setting is for the location. Select the person icon in the upper left of the app, and then press the > next to the location, and you will see it.

Jgrae
Guide
Guide

I  see location there but there is no way to change it, the option is greyed out. How do we change it?

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Jgrae wrote:

I  see location there but there is no way to change it, the option is greyed out. How do we change it?

I think there might be a bug there - the time zone becoming locked to the address (if you enter the address), w/o the ability to change it after that.

Maybe see if you can enter a different address in the time zone you want to switch to???

@JamesC - any comments on this?

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Thanks for the additional info, Just so I'm understanding correctly, the Time zone is not adjusting/wrong for the Address/TZ associated with your accounts? 

Jgrae
Guide
Guide

Yes that's correct. For clarity, one of my locations is in Australia. On this past weekend, summer time started. The correct time is not reflecting in the app or on the cameras. It is still listing as +10GMT rather than +11GMT. The box is greyed out (ie. unable to be changed) with some random location in Russia that is also +10GMT rather than correctly showing my location as Victoria Australia, which should be +11GMT now

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@Jgrae Noted, I have provided that info to the appropriate team.

Thank you 

Jgrae
Guide
Guide

Thank you

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

The Arlo development team is currently investigating this issue. We will provide an update as soon as we have more information to share with the community.

Jgrae
Guide
Guide

Thank you

SteveAR1427
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi,

For some reason, my scheduled automations no longer seem to be working. I have scheduled implementations to arm the system and also set it to standby at particular times. They appear to have no affect on the system mode as indicated by the mobile app. Pretty sure they were working fine previously. 

Is there some sort of outage at present?

This is pretty basic, what on earth could be wrong?

Is there some limit to the number of scheduled automations that are allowed?

I also have some arrive/leave automations, but they are not being activated currently.

Thanks

Steve

TheBradyBunch
Aspirant
Aspirant

Interestingly i have just noticed that my automations are not working today either. 

I have an automation to set the system to Arm Away when both my wife and i leave the property. it has failed to work today

SteveAR1427
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi - Turns out that the scheduled automations were working, but were an hour late. They had failed to take note of the daylight savings time hear in eastern Australia. We have moved from UTC+10 to UTC+11 in Victoria.

I phoned up Arlo support and while looking at the time zone, it turned out to be UTC+10

(Valdivostok) !!!! I'm guessing they don't have daylight savings in Vladivostok currently.

What on earth I thought. In it's (dubious) wisdom, the Arlo app computes the timezone (and offset) from the address you enter. Even though my address is clearly in Victoria, Australia, and was entered correctly, the Arlo app decided I was in Russia - doh! Why on earth does the app not allow you to simply enter the time zone instead of relying on a defective algorithm.

The fix (cludge) was to enter the address on the 2nd address line and just put the street number on the first address line. The system then concluded correctly I was in UTC+10 (Melbourne). The system also recognised daylight saving time after that.

What next ?

Cheers

Steve

chicane
Apprentice
Apprentice

Hi @ShayneS , any update ?

it appears now the time is correct even though the TZ offset is incorrect (shows +10 where it is now +11).

Has there been some hack done on the backend to correct it? 
An update would be appreciated. 

Edinburgh_lad1
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Indeed Russia dropped the changing of the clock.

The EU will hopefully do that, too, sooner or later; there have been consultations about this etc etc.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi,

I wanted to check in to see if this issue is still occurring? 

Jgrae
Guide
Guide

All resolved now that I was able to get it to detect I am in Victoria Australia rather than Russia! 🙂