Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
HVLD
Aspirant
Aspirant

Months ago we were able to run the Geofencing Mode & Schedule Mode simultaneously, but are no longer able to do that. Has anyone else had this problem & fixed it? 

6 REPLIES 6
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@HVLD wrote:

Months ago we were able to run the Geofencing Mode & Schedule Mode simultaneously,

That's done by setting either Geofencing's "Home" or "Away" to "Schedule.  

Are you saying you can no longer do that?

HVLD
Aspirant
Aspirant

I can choose armed, disarmed, schedule, or geofencing modes. Previously, I was able to have geofencing mode on & have a nighttime schedule running simultaneously. It no longer allows me to do that 

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@HVLD wrote:

Previously, I was able to have geofencing mode on & have a nighttime schedule running simultaneously. 

No, that's not the way it works.  Scheduling runs "under" geofencing - either Home or Away is set to "Schedule"

For example, you can set "Home" to Schedule, and "Away" to Armed. Then set up the schedule so cameras are only armed at night. Then the schedule will apply whenever you are home (arming at night, but not during the day) , but the cameras will be armed whenever you are away (no matter what time it is).

None of this has changed (assuming you still see library in your main menu).  

JBTaos
Tutor
Tutor

I too cannot seem to have Scheduled and GeoFencing active at the same time. My app is an either/or situation. 
a list of mutually exclusive radio buttons. 

• Armed
  • Disarmed
  • Schedule
  • Geofencing

I can only set my one camera’s mode to one. 

I would like it to run on my schedule (Armed from 10:30pm-6:30am) AND utilize Geofencing during the day hours when I come and go to arm when I leave and disarm when I arrive. 

Nothing in my app seems to allow this combination. 

And please don’t repeat the line “it is simple as that”. Because if it were intuitive I’d have figured it out. 

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Geofencing supersedes the schedule. You would select Geofencing and set it up as @StephenB stated in his reply above. 

JBTaos
Tutor
Tutor