Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Issues with multiple notifications in ios

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Abianco96
Follower
Follower

I've been having an issue for a few weeks now where every notification I receive comes in 2-3 times. I've tried everything I can think of like updating to the latest iOS, updating the app, signing out and in, deleting and reinstalling the app and nothing seems to work. Anyone else have this issue or a work around for it? It's annoying enough where I want to disable notifications all together

5 REPLIES 5
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @Abianco96 

Do you happen to have the latest version of the Arlo iOS app 4.11.1 installed?

k1300s
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have Arlo app v4.11.2, iOS 17.2.1. I always keep both updated. I’ve had this same issue on an iPhone 13 and 15, along with my iPad Pro. The Badge counter appears to be accurate based on events, but will only reset on one of my two devices depending on which one I initially log into to view the events. The device I don’t log into keeps displaying the badge counter and it doesn’t reset until a new event occurs. I’ve restarted the hub (VM5000) and performed complete shutdowns, un/re-installed Arlo app on both devices…no change.  This has been an issue for me for the last year. This issue appears to be ongoing. 
I just armed my system, generated an event and viewed it on my iPhone…all previous Badge notifications cleared.

Odd app.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@k1300s 

The badge counter will not reset until viewed independently on each device. 

k1300s
Aspirant
Aspirant

Shayne,

Using my iPad - I viewed each of 15 events, from last night, then deleted them using my ipad. 15 events still listed in the notification badge. 
I’ve tried this same process using my iPhone. Sometimes they clear sometimes they don’t. I’ve been unable to determine any specific process / sequence that works for both devices. It also does not matter if I delete one event at a time or group. I’ve tried doing it via viewing each individual camera and it’s associated event, same issue. 
This issue became more frequent after upgrading to your Arlo Secure app back in June. 

Regards

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

I have escalated your case & someone from support will be reaching out to you as soon as possible.