Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Security and peace of mind has never been so easy. Arlo Secure is a new subscription service, allowing you to maximize home security with one plan that covers all of your security devices. Arlo Secure plans deliver smarter interactive alerts, advanced object detection, cloud activity zones and more! 

Arlo Secure Features.PNG

For total peace of mind, our new Arlo Secure Plus offering is equipped with a 24/7 Emergency Response Service. With one touch, dispatch fire, police, or medical responders to the cameras location.

Want to learn more about Arlo Secure? Take a look at the information and resources below:

What is Emergency Response and How do I use it?

https://www.arlo.com/en-us/arlosecure.html
New Arlo Secure Plan FAQs
What are the available Arlo subscription plans and how much cloud recording is available?
Where is Arlo Secure available?
How do I subscribe to Arlo Secure?
What options will I have when my Arlo free trial plan ends?
What is continuous video recording (CVR) and how do I use it?

If you have any questions about Arlo Secure, post down below and we'll get to you as soon as we can. If you need any more help on Arlo Secure or your Arlo Security System, visit Arlo Support for more information.
Thank you for being part of the Arlo family!

132 REPLIES 132
99ranger
Aspirant
Aspirant

Just a general Arlo comment/recommendation. I’ve been using Arlo for several years now and I like the advancements y’all have done in video home security. But home security to me also means my home is secure from the elements as well. Have y’all considered integrating smoke/CO2 detectors and water leak detectors into your system at all? I feel it would definitely make a more rounded system.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

99ranger,

This feature already exists for Arlo. For more information, take a look here: What is the Arlo smoke and CO alarm detection feature?

JamesC

CandyJoy
Aspirant
Aspirant

Why the European users have longer video history?

CandyJoy
Aspirant
Aspirant

What does Priority Support mean?

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

CandyJoy,

You can find more details on support here: Arlo Support Options

JamesC

juliastefan
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks for sharing an informative blog keep rocking bring more details. I like the helpful info you provide in your articles.

wetow2
Aspirant
Aspirant

Why hasn't my Arlo Smart plan changed to Arlo Secure

Arlo Secure is a new and improved version of Arlo Smart

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@wetow2 wrote:

Why hasn't my Arlo Smart plan changed to Arlo Secure

Arlo Secure is a new and improved version of Arlo Smart

Some people want to keep their older plans - one scenario is that some of them have a yearly payment option that is a bit cheaper.

So if you want Arlo Secure instead, you can cancel your current plan, and then subscribe.  The change plan option might also work.

JehovasFitness
Luminary
Luminary

Does the new plan still offer discount for more than 1 CVR? Right now first cam is $9.99 with more at $4.99 each.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@JehovasFitness wrote:

Does the new plan still offer discount for more than 1 CVR? Right now first cam is $9.99 with more at $4.99 each.

CVR requires its own subscription, and has its own pricing.  You can have a CVR subscription with or without Secure, and the CVR pricing doesn't depend on whether you have Secure (or the older plans).

jfag
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yesterday morning I found my arlo system completely shut down. No cameras showing and after logging in, found no subscription, not devices, no base station.  I then added base station and all my cameras but previous subscription, for which I've been paying for many months, still does not show.  Tried support but after entering my email, I'm being directed to EU (my profile shows I'm in USA) and therefore support will not take me any further.  I'm experiencing other issues with arlo set up as well but again, cannot connect with support because system says I'm in Hungary!  Please help!

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

jfag,

Are you sure you logged in using the right account information? From what you've described, it sounds like you may have logged into the wrong account, which would mean your subscription and cameras would not be present.

JamesC

jfag
Aspirant
Aspirant
Yes, I used my correct email address and first used my previous password.  Then I even tried entering my email address and changing the password.  System allowed me to change to a new password.

Then, after logging in, I accessed my profile, which showed correct email and I then added my address, including state and zip code and saved that information.

then, I tried to access support again via chat.  after the several steps, I provided my first name, email address and then received message about arlo data bases are maintained separately and I needed to access the EU.

I'm very frustrated given the entire system shut down during the night, two night ago, and I have had to add all my devises again.

I need to be able to talk with someone who can access account and tell me what is occurring; not only because of what I've already described but other issues I'm having with being able to access and view recorded videos.
jfag
Aspirant
Aspirant

I'm still waiting for help with whatever shut down my entire system and showed I have no Arlo Secure plan - even though I've been regularly charged $9.99 plus tax.

Support system still kicks me out showing I live in Hungary and therefore need to access EU support.  I live in Utah, USA!

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

I will reach out to you in a private message to gather more information.

JamesC

RachelleT71
Tutor
Tutor

FINALLY!!!! I was actually looking for a new system when I saw this!!

requesttop
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have a question about Emergency Response and e911. I plan to get the Secure plan. Yet it seems only Secure Plus has Emergency Response. Is that correct?

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

requesttop,

Yes. Emergency Response is included in the Arlo Secure Plus plan. You can view the features included in each plan here: https://kb.arlo.com/88/What-are-the-available-Arlo-subscription-plans-and-how-much-cloud-recording-i...

JamesC

Melliiee_Mel
Initiate
Initiate

So are you saying with the Arlo pro 2 cameras I can have 24 cameras for 24.99 a month under 1 location in the app ? 

For backround I currently have no subscription with 35 pro 2 cameras (5 per email address granting access to the others ) I perfer the old Library and old device options of viewing them all in 1 page . I’m having issues adding another set of cameras now and the update isn’t allowing more than 5 per locations for viewing .

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Melliiee_Mel,

Arlo Secure Plus allows for unlimited cameras, regardless of the model being used. With an Arlo Secure Plus subscription, you can have all of your cameras active on a single account and gain the additional benefits of the Arlo Secure Plus plan. For pricing details, take a look at the bottom of this article: https://kb.arlo.com/88/What-are-the-available-Arlo-subscription-plans-and-how-much-cloud-recording-i...

JamesC

rosema12
Aspirant
Aspirant

Since introducing/upgrading the app I can no longer log in on my iPhone. This means that I cannot view my library unless I am at home using my computer. This is annoying. When I try to log in on the. new APP, it sends me a verification code to my iPhone but there is not a place to enter it. it just goes back to the original opening screen.  When will this be fixed?

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

rosema12,

The development team is investigating reports of this issue. I do not have any new information the share at this time but will provide an update as soon as I know more.

JamesC

basilbob
Tutor
Tutor

This morning I received email notification that support and cloud storage for my (2015) VMB 3010 base station and VMC 3030 cameras will be discontinued effective 01-04-2023. The email advises that I will still be able to record video clips to my base station, yet I cannot find any info on this. When I purchased the original 2 cameras and base station, they came with monthly cloud storage for 2 cameras, and this was indefinite and was not a trial. I was able to add a third camera later without cost. Now that both cloud storage (having been limited to 7 days somewhere along the line as against the initial monthly) and Support is being withdrawn altogether, how do I continue to record video clips on the base station? IMHO recording video of detection's is an essential function of a security camera system. The system has been just fine for my purposes . If I cannot store video clips locally, the whole system becomes junk. Look forward to some help here, as I have been unable to find anything in the FAQ's and support articles generally. 

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@basilbob wrote:

This morning I received email notification that support and cloud storage for my (2015) VMB 3010 base station and VMC 3030 cameras will be discontinued effective 01-04-2023. 

More info is here:

The KB article says that 7-day recording ends on 1 January 2024, so not consistent with the email notification (which says 1 April 2023).  No idea which is correct.

@basilbob wrote:

how do I continue to record video clips on the base station? 

You would need to get a newer base.  The VMB4540 and the VMB5000 would be the best options, since they support direct access to local storage.  The other VMB4xxx bases require you to remove the USB storage and connect it to a PC for viewing.

Direct Access isn't the best experience

• access is only available in the app (not the browser)
  • access is only available to the primary account (not friend accounts)
  • no ability to make manual recordings or snapshots
  • no thumbnails (videos need to be downloaded to the phone to see anything)
  • remote access requires router settings changes that some find difficult (and which don't work for some internet providers - including mobile broadband).

You could also purchase a subscription, though at some point you would still need to replace the cameras and base.  

Normandroy
Apprentice
Apprentice

Does subscribing to this make the devices that are now being labeled as End of Life continue to work?