Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

How to disable logging into the app?

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation
LordP666
Tutor
Tutor

I had to select a model but this is about the app. I live alone, I am retired and there is no one to mess with my phone.

I have an Android phone - Pixel 6 - and although I use my fingerprint to open the app, it's getting tedious to keep doing this so many times a day.

Is there a way to bypass this? Or maybe to only have it ask for a login once a day?

I am replacing my Ring devices with Arlo stuff and I realized that the Ring software doesn't ask for a login quite as remorselessly as the Arlo app.

It's a pain in the butt - a small pain, but still a pain.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Dannybear
Master
Master
Try disabling the touch login setting within the arlo app settings, under profile, under login settings.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Dannybear
Master
Master
Try disabling the touch login setting within the arlo app settings, under profile, under login settings.
LordP666
Tutor
Tutor

Hmm.

I don't have that option, "touch login". I have "Log in with Fingerprint" and I guess I'll try that.

That did the trick, thanks.

I don't understand why one method of logging in is...more demanding (?) than another, but there it is.

It never would have occurred to me, so, thanks again.

Dannybear
Master
Master
I was using the iOS app but you got there anyway.
The finger print login option is an overkill since the phone has to be unlocked to get access.
LordP666
Tutor
Tutor

Thank you, that worked great.

I know i said it before but I got an email asking that I declare this in a post...so, yes, it worked.

Dannybear
Master
Master
You get a automatic email for no activity on the forum thread. Usually when the issue is resolved you would select one answer as the solution to close and stop the emails.