Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation
Voidspaces
Star
Star

I am a software engineer and can’t work out how to setup geofencing on the new app - or be able to identify issues. Is there a guide somewhere? I just want my wife’s phone and mine location to change to “arm away” when everyone leaves, and “standby” when anyone is home. Simple, no? The fact that I have 3 devices listed that I can’t edit, and 2 of them with the same name “iPhone” (!), makes it impossible to understand if I guessed the wrong setup or if there is an issue with geofencing because of these devices. I won’t list all setup configurations, because I tried everything, but mode remains “standby”. A guide would be welcome. Any help would be appreciated. 

7 REPLIES 7
Voidspaces
Star
Star

Thanks. Looks like I did things correctly. So now that I have setup arrive/leave automations (anyone arrives -> standby / everyone leaves -> arm away), and made them both the only enabled automations in Arm Away/ Standby modes, if every device is out of the geofencing radius and I select “standby” it should immediately switch to “arm away”, right? I would expect this, but does not happen. 

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I haven't tested it that way. My suspicion is that selecting Standby is overriding the GF setting because it was manually set. 

Voidspaces
Star
Star

Thank you. So how do I set it to geofencing?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

GF is always running so you would need to manually set the mode back to the normal GF mode after manually setting it to something else.

Voidspaces
Star
Star

I’m confused, sorry. It’s either always running (and not working for me), or it has to be set manually “back to the normal GF” - right? Currently, I am indeed setting mode manually as GF does not work. How do I manually set the mode back to the normal GF? I don’t see this option. Thanks in advance 

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

If GF is working at all, it's always checking your location and will set the mode appropriately. Manually changing it means you've overriden the GF settings so you would need to once again set the mode manually to get back to where it should be.

Of course, GF has to be working in the first place. At this point, I'd suggest official support using the app to go to Settings, Support, choose a camera model and scroll down to Contacts.