How do I roll back to the old Ui?

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Ghostnthemachin
Aspirant
Aspirant

The new mobile app UI broke my system. If I can’t with resolve the issue or roll back I will cancel my subscription and move to UniFi. In the old UI I had 2 properties with 2 smart hubs , each with separate arm/disarm geolocation rules. The new UI appears to have combined the arm/disarm rules for both properties and I can’t find any way to split them apart again. What even stranger is that in the dashboard the old 2 properties with separate smart hubs are there, but again there doesn’t seem to be any way to create separate arm/disarm automations. 

if someone from the Arlo team can direct me to the appropriate kb article(s) so I can set up separate arm/disarm rules or how to roll back I would really appreciate it. 

3 REPLIES 3
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Ghostnthemachin wrote:

if someone from the Arlo team can direct me to the appropriate kb article(s) so I can set up separate arm/disarm rules or how to roll back I would really appreciate it. 

You can't roll back.

There are two options that will give you separate controls for each property.

1. create one account per property and use the friend account feature to share cameras
  2. create a second location in your existing account, and move the cameras+base at one of the homes into that location.

The first option is probably the better choice.

One issue is that if you have a subscription, then you will need to get a second subscription, so you have one for each home.  If you have some legacy cameras with free cloud storage, you could avoid that by putting only legacy cameras at one home.

Ghostnthemachin
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks for the detail. That’s the end of my Arlo subscription I guess. 

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Ghostnthemachin wrote:

That’s the end of my Arlo subscription I guess. 

You could keep it for one of the two homes - switching to direct access to local storage on the other one (if you have a VMB4540 or VMB5000 smarthub).

Personally I think Arlo should allow two locations in one subscription, and only require adding additional ones when there are three or more.  But I do see how this could be abused (people sharing one subscription).