Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Home Security

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
frothingham
Guide
Guide

No one understands my question. I've tried opening a case and get non-applicable responses.  The website doesn't accept my responses to my case answer.  I've tried to chat and that got redirected back to the support case that doesn't understand my question.  I have 5 Arlo cameras and a door bell. I also have a SimpliSafe security system. I noticed Arlo was releasing a Home Security system later this year. I decided that instead of renewing my SimpliSafe monitoring I would go with Arlo's new system. We are going away on a cruise and so I decided to get the Black Friday Arlo "Secure" system with free camera deal to get us by until the Arlo Security System is purchased and setup.  After I got the code to activate the software I checked to see what it will cost to upgrade to the "Safe and Secure Pro" plan.  It says upgrading is not possible!!  I asked to cancel the free camera and current plan I haven't used but they cannot.  I was sent to a place to cancel my subscription but it is unclear if it cancels from renewing or immediately and I can't get clarification.  If I can't take advantage of the home monitoring there is no reason to buy the new Security System.  I will continue with Simplisafe for a year until my "Secure" expires and re-evaluate next year.  If anyone at Arlo can offer an alternative to Simplisafe, let me know.

1 REPLY 1
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

frothingham,

The promotional offer you're referring to is for an annual Arlo Secure plan. This is a different plan than the Arlo Safe and Secure Pro plan. For more information on this, see here: https://kb.arlo.com/88/What-are-the-available-Arlo-subscription-plans-and-how-much-cloud-recording-i...

When you cancel a plan, the plan will continue to be active until the end of the billing cycle and will no longer renew.

JamesC