Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Secure 1.00 plus 2.99

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
sonetlumiere
Follower
Follower

I subscribed for the one camera Arlo Secure @ $2.99, I was billed $1.00 plus the $2.99. There was no mention of this $1.00 charge on the website when I agreed to the terms and took out the subscription. "Chat" support consists of a bot asking you numerous questions and then terminating the session with a "Case NumBer" you can not access. A real live human is never available. In reading these chats, I see numerous complains from folks who cancelled subscriptions and keep getting billed. I would AVOID Arlo products as well as their "services" if I were you. 0 stars.  

4 REPLIES 4
Dannybear
Master
Master

I recall someone mentioned that the $1 is a preauthorise check and it should disappear after a few days.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

This happens with many online purchases, not just Arlo. As mentioned, they're just checking to verify that the card info is correct and the charge will disappear shortly.

MisDenice
Aspirant
Aspirant

I’m having the same problem.  Except I was charged twice for one month secure plan and two of the $1 charges. Chat is a completely useless robot and I can’t find any Arlo support numbers I can call to speak to a real person so I can get the money back they owe me. I’m starting to think Arlo was not a good buy. 

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

MisDenice,

Are the charges showing as completed or pending?

JamesC