Help - trying to add friend

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
KileyHD
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am leaving town and wanting to share my cameras with my roommate. I have invited her, she created an account, accepted.

she gets notifications on her phone when there is motion, but she can’t view them.
There are none of my 5 cameras listed under devices in her app.

what am I doing wrong? I have deleted her and readded her from my sharing option. She has deleted the app and reinstalled it. We have logged in and out on the computer.

same result each time, she gets a notification on her phone when something happens on the camera, but when she clicks on it the app opens and it’s empty. No history, no events, no devices to view 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Both accounts need to be using the same user interface (UI). The current app supports both the old UI that uses Library to view videos as well as the new one that uses Feed to do the same thing. If you have the old UI, you must migrate your account before she can see the cameras. To do this, choose to install a Pro 5 or security system even though you have neither. The first step is to migrate your account after which you can just back out of the bogus install. Be aware you can't go back and custom modes don't migrate. You have to use the 3 default modes to do what you need. Take the time to look through the whole UI to see where things are and how they work.

Once both users are using the new UI, she must click on Home near the top and choose the bottom selection. Every user gets a default Home so she needs to select yours. I suggest renaming Home so it's obvious which one to choose.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Streak2
Master Master
Master

Make sure that you have selected the cameras that you wish your fiend to access.

See here

https://www.arlo.com/en_be/support/faq/000039122/How-do-I-add-friends-to-my-Arlo-account

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Both accounts need to be using the same user interface (UI). The current app supports both the old UI that uses Library to view videos as well as the new one that uses Feed to do the same thing. If you have the old UI, you must migrate your account before she can see the cameras. To do this, choose to install a Pro 5 or security system even though you have neither. The first step is to migrate your account after which you can just back out of the bogus install. Be aware you can't go back and custom modes don't migrate. You have to use the 3 default modes to do what you need. Take the time to look through the whole UI to see where things are and how they work.

Once both users are using the new UI, she must click on Home near the top and choose the bottom selection. Every user gets a default Home so she needs to select yours. I suggest renaming Home so it's obvious which one to choose.

KileyHD
Aspirant
Aspirant

This worked. I checked that both of our apps were up to date, but as your instructions pointed out, that wasn’t enough.

thank you so so much 

Retired_Member
Not applicable

Having the same problem - when I try to install something to force migration to the new UI - it keeps detecting the smart hub which it says is up to date.  It doesn’t show a pro 5 or home security as an option.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Retired_Member wrote:

It doesn’t show a pro 5 or home security as an option.

Unfortunately, you'll have to wait until either they offer one for sale in your country, or until they provide a better way to migrate your account to "Feed".