Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras

Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 7 In Conversation
StHenryHouse
Follower
Follower

I have bugs to report as their website is very hard to use due to these bugs, and I've been unable to find a way to reach any support rep. I'm in need of two more security cameras, and I'm about to switch brands if I can't get ahold of anyone and get these bugs resolved. 

Has anyone ever successfully reached Arlo support? Their chat bot is extremely frustrating, and I don't see an email address listed anywhere. 

9 REPLIES 9
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@StHenryHouse wrote:

Their chat bot is extremely frustrating, and I don't see an email address listed anywhere. 

Do you have a subscription?

OzMotherboard
Tutor
Tutor

If Subscription helps, then I would get it.  People have logged requests and issues here and there is no solution after years.  You'd think that those who have subscribed and got solutions would feed that back to the community, but no!  So my takeaway is Arlo give what they give for a fee and that's all.  If you expect support, you might get disappointed.   I have had my Arlos since 2017 and there has been a request for Google Assistant activation of Modes for that far back.  Features like IFTTT support came and went, without a peep from Arlo.  The entire Arlo suite is a low-cost solution.  Don't expect much and you won't be disappointed.  I've complained about their chat bots but it's gone nowhere.  I've had issues that others have had, but no solution was found.  I found my own workarounds, no thanks to Arlo.  So this community is a talk-fest for people like me to ask, get disappointed, then vent our frustrations.   😫

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@OzMotherboard wrote:

If Subscription helps, then I would get it. 

FWIW, my question was directed to @StHenryHouse 

Phone support is the easiest way to reach support, but that now requires a subscription.

Bubbagump1952
Aspirant
Aspirant

nope.

DBA75
Aspirant
Aspirant

I understand your frustration. I started having issues with the Arlo secure app yesterday and not able to get anyone from support to chat with me. After spending hours trying different options I was finally to add my notes and a case was opened but the response is 1 to days.  If Arlo is suppose to be a security feature for homes and businesses why can't they have a robust support network.  Have your tried sending an email to support@arlo.com  ?   Good luck.

tsa55
Aspirant
Aspirant

I hear your frustration.  For hours we have been working on trying to get our apps to work.  We requested a code 7 times to get nothing, then to get a bunch of texts with codes that had already expired since it took over 45 minutes to receive the first text message.  We STILL cannot get the app to work on either of our phones (two).  We are really thinking of upgrading our camera system, but will most likely be another brand.   Any help would be greatly appreciated.

OzMotherboard
Tutor
Tutor

I solved it by creating a new login account. So I have two ... The original still works on PCs but not on my mobile.  The second is purely to overcome the problem. Crude brute force!

rosema12
Aspirant
Aspirant

Same here

rosema12
Aspirant
Aspirant

Maybe it is time to ditch Arlo? I am considering it because now I have to log in via computer and not on my iPhone.