Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
brad_lewis
Tutor
Tutor

When trying to set up geofenceing there is No devices listed under available devices, how ever under setting privacy settings there are three devices listed. How to I get them across?

273 REPLIES 273
kranknpop
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi @BrookeN   I changed the name of "this device" (the only one that it will let me change) a few weeks ago, and it changed the duplicate as well.  Just now, I changed the name again, and it did not immediately change the name of the duplicate device.  However, I suspect that over time, the duplicate device name will change, just as after deleting the duplicate device, it eventually gets added back.  I will update when that happens.

kranknpop
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi @BrookeN   Well, I assumed wrongly again.  After changing the name of the device, it has now reverted back to the previous name.  The name of the duplicate device did not seem to be affected by any of the name changes.

DualShock
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi @BrookeN ,

It happened to me again. I no longer see geofencing devices again.

I opened up the Arlo app on my iPhone while away from home and the app had been unloaded from RAM by iOS so it launched from scratch. It showed a status of Standby instead of Armed.

I checked Privacy Center and it showed duplicate devices again!

I deleted the duplicate, and it now shows No Devices under the geofencing automations.

I did not take screenshots of the duplicate device, but I can attach a screenshot of No Devices.

IMG_3026.png

Could you help again please? Thanks!

Tommy7
Aspirant
Aspirant

No luck. I changed it, logged out and back in to iCloud. Tried deleting the arlo app also but the names don’t change in the enabled mobile devices 

BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Thank you for trying for me. I will update the community as soon as possible. 

BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@DualShock Log out and back in and you should see the devices again. 

jasrot
Aspirant
Aspirant

What was the solution here?  I have the same issue.

MarcusB2112
Aspirant
Aspirant

Dear All -

I also face this issue - logging out and back in does not help solving it. Any way to get over this? Should I just wait for Arlo fixing this in one of the next updates?

Regards

Marcus

KariVirtanen
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have the same problem with 2 persons who have 2 iPhones but in automations there shows 3 iPhones.

BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

The development team is still looking into this. I will provide an update to the community as soon as possible. 

jusTodd
Aspirant
Aspirant

Add to this that NONE of the locational automations seem to work at all anymore. 

I thought a workaround would be to simply turn it off and on by my own phone, but that doesn't even work now.

BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@MarcusB2112 your devices should now be unhidden. Can you please log out of your account and log back in?

MarcusB2112
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks, Brooke - they do indeed.

Whatever you did worked! Now the next question is how to safely remove devices from that list as it shows all devices that were linked to the account over the many years and I do not even know which ones are still current and active. Some device names show up twice as I used the same name for new iPhones that I used for previous ones. Is it possible to delete all devices and add back just those which are still in use and should be considered for geofencing?

Thanks,

Marcus

BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@MarcusB2112 you cannot as of yet. Just leave them how they are for the moment. We are currently working on the fix for the multiple devices, however if you delete any then they will need to be unhid again. I will update the community as soon as I receive an update. 

Tommy7
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi Brooke

Do I have any hidden on mine as the phone name I’m looking for doesn’t show 

thanks 

BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

You are still on UX3 so you will not have arrive/leave automations. So your devices would not be hidden. Can you provide more information on where you are trying to see the phone?

Tommy7
Aspirant
Aspirant

When trying to add to ‘enabled mobile devices’. It just shows old phone names belonging to my wife and not her latest, which I’ve also changed the phone name of to check

MarcusBecker
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks, Brooke - will do so.

Am writing this from another account I have where I experience the same problem - can you unhide all devices for this one also?

Thanks,

Marcus

fatespawn
Aspirant
Aspirant

I'm trying to enable geofencing myself and seem to have this same issue.  Brook - can you unhide any devices I may have hidden/deleted.  I see both my ipad and my iphone listed under privacy/available devices, but when I go to Routines, there are no available devices. 

BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@Tommy7 I would migrate to UX4 and see if that helps with the behavior you are seeing. You can do this by onboarding a Pro 5. (Even if you don't have one) it will start the update. 

@MarcusBecker and @fatespawn  I am looking into this now. I will let you know once it is completed. 

BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@MarcusBecker and @fatespawn your devices should be unhid. Please log out and log back in and see if you are able to see them.

Tommy7
Aspirant
Aspirant

I’ll give it a go. Cheers

fatespawn
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks. I see the devices again and will try it again.  

MarcusB2112
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes it worked here too - many thanks!