Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 15 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
nelsonkhchen
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hello,

I am trying to use automation/geofencing, but I cannot see other users under "Specific People" option. I have two other users that are "Admin" but cannot see them under the Automation. I have tried multiple things including readding, turning phones off power saver, updating app etc. Please Advise.

Thank you,

Nelson

15 REPLIES 15
DannyBearAgain
Master
Master

Have you had the granted users working with geofencing before?

Is this after an app update, have you updated to the new experience?

Check the other users have the location settings set to always in the arlo settings under the phone settings page.

nelsonkhchen
Aspirant
Aspirant

This is the first time granting geofencing to the users before. The app have been fully updated to the newest version.

The user's settings have been updated on their phone (Power Saver Off, Locations Always on for Arlo, etc).

DannyBearAgain
Master
Master

Can you confirm that the other granted users have the same app experience as what your using.

nelsonkhchen
Aspirant
Aspirant

I can confirm they have the same app experience.

DannyBearAgain
Master
Master

The following is a tech article if you have not read yet might be of use.

https://kb.arlo.com/000062822/What-are-Arrive-Leave-Automations-and-how-do-I-set-it-up-for-my-Arlo-s... 

nelsonkhchen
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you for providing that article. I tried, but no luck.

DannyBearAgain
Master
Master

This might be an already known issue with the new experience. I will tag @JamesC so he might  comment if he wishes.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

You will need to locate the model of the phone the granted access user has in that list. 

nelsonkhchen
Aspirant
Aspirant

The users are granted access but their phone doesn’t show up on the list. They have the access to arm away and arm home so they have full access.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Are the correct amount of devices listed for the granted users? if you have two users, yourself/granted user are there two devices or just the 1? I'm trying to verify because with the device list, it will not have any custom names, but the generic phone model iPhone, Samsung etc. 

nelsonkhchen
Aspirant
Aspirant

There is a total of 3 granted users. Only one phone (mines) shows up as the device. I tried adding one at a time but only mine shows still.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Are the granted access users on the same App experience as you? (We are slowly releasing the new Arlo app experience interface). Do they all see the "Feed" option in the app or "Library"?

nelsonkhchen
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes they are on the same app experience (most updated version) and they all see "feed". The app looks exactly like mines except they can't add/modify automations.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Thanks for the info, I'm having this investigated at the moment. I'll update you as soon as I hear back. 

AU_Steve
Aspirant
Aspirant

Mine also not working. I have two people registered and two people appear but I can't identify who is who. Image doesn't change if I select the specific people button either. They both still appear as "iPhone". I am running Arlo Secure App 4.3 (5832) released 21 March 2023 on an iPhone 12 with IOS 16.3.1. Also wasn't working on Arlo Secure app prior to the March 21 release. I've only had cameras and app since early March 2023.

AU_Steve_0-1681019915882.png