Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
CraigO2790
Follower
Follower

Hello,

I am trying to get Geofencing and Schedule to work together without much luck.

I would like Geofencing to 'Arm Away' when everyone leaves and 'Standby' (no cameras in this mode) when anyone arrives.

Only when we are at home do I want to 'Arm Home' at 10pm everyday and 'Standby' everyday at 6am and if we are away as per the geofencing routine then this schedule is ignored.

As my 'Arm Home' cameras would detect motion if anyone enters or leaves our property I am happy enough to manually enter 'Standby' mode between the hours of 10pm and 6am if we are arriving or leaving.

I am confused about "Always Enabled" and the statement -- By default Automations will be always enabled when you enter any Mode. All other automations will be disabled when entering this mode. --As it says this with both schedule and geofencing, how is one automation given priority over another and  what does removing the check mark from the modes achieve here?  For example if I enable only Arm Away at Geofence leave it disables the schedule.

I currently have;

Schedules

• 6am Standby \Change Mode\Standby
  • 10pm Arm Home\Change Mode\Arm Home

Arrive/Leave

• Geofence Leave\Specific People Leave\Change Mode\Arm Away\6am Stanby disabled\10pm  Arm home disabled
  • Geofence Arrive\Specific People Arrive\Change Mode\Standby\6am Standby Enabled\10pm Arm Home enabled

This does not appear to work, nor does anything else I have tried.

Any help would be appreciated.

Regards,

Craig

2 REPLIES 2
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@CraigO2790 wrote:

I am trying to get Geofencing and Schedule to work together without much luck.

You and everyone else.  The implementation is flawed, and Arlo admits it is not possible to get this combination to work completely correctly with "feed."  Hopefully Arlo will release an implemention that works soon.

I suggest picking the feature that is most important for you to automate, and do the other one manually for now. 

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I'm with you - those extra settings are undocumented (AFAIK) and don't seem to do anything that I've tried. I played with them for a while and gave up due to lack of any kind of information as to how/when to use them.

@JamesC , @ShayneS , @BrookeN can you find out anything about these options?