Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation
BillB656
Aspirant
Aspirant

I gave my wife full access rights (allow access rights) and she doesn't get push notifications.  

If I change her access to Restricted Access she gets push notifications. I've talked with L1 support and did all the suggested debugs.  They said they are waiting on Engineering to fix this issue. It's been over a month and nothing. 

Anyone else have this issue? Any suggestions?

4 REPLIES 4
DannyBearAgain
Master
Master

Sounds like an arlo thingy.

Had they suggested removing her access from her account and re-inviting again with permissions already activated? 

BillB656
Aspirant
Aspirant

Good idea for sure, and we definitely tried that...a few times. 

We know her phone allows Arlo notifications as she gets them with Restricted Access. 

DannyBearAgain
Master
Master

I can’t recall seeing any other post here describing exactly what you have although they could have been related just not identified as a result of permissions.

Are you both using the same UI experience, I.e. do the apps look the same. Have to ask?

Have you considered deleting the granted user mobile app and reinstalling again. 

BillB656
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes , we both have the same S22s, both have latest samsung sw and I loaded both with the same Arlo app (with same updated sw). I went through page by page to make sure each app was set up the same. 

And yes, I did delete/reinstall her Arlo app (and also my Arlo app) to see if that would help. 

I have read of other cases where either the "owner" or both parties stop getting pushes when someone is given full rights, but ya, nothing exactly as my case. 

L1 confirmed it was "an issue" but won't say if Engineering is actually working a fix or if it's #965 in the tech ticket list.