Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

delete local videos

Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
stuffofruff
Aspirant
Aspirant

Just saying that 2-3 years ago it was pointed out to arlo that the ability to delete locally stored videos on an sd card from the app should be available.  Fast forward multiple app releases and it is still not there.  The only viable but silly solution without removing the card and doing it on a pc  is to reformat the SD card.  Any updates arlo???

9 REPLIES 9
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I don't recall that claim but there is a selection in the app to delete local recordings that have been downloaded to the phone (needed for then viewing them). Perhaps that's what was referenced?

If you need to format the drive, you can do that in the storage settings for the base/hub in the app - no need to remove the drive. Also, there's the overwrite setting that can be used to just delete the oldest videos to free up space for new ones.

stuffofruff
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks, but can you point me to where in app version 4.1 where you can delete local recordings??

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Assuming you have the new UI with Feed, click on Settings ("person" icon top left), Clear downloaded videos.

stuffofruff
Aspirant
Aspirant

I do have the UI with feed and the "clear downloaded videos" option is not there.  I view my local sd card videos in the app by going to the hub and selecting storage settings.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I'm on Android - are you on iOS? There could be a difference.

stuffofruff
Aspirant
Aspirant

IOS

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Someone else will need to jump in with the correct location for that selection.

stuffofruff
Aspirant
Aspirant

thanks for trying!

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@stuffofruff wrote:

IOS

If you are talking about videos downloaded from the app: with iOS, you go into the photos app and delete them from there.

If you are talking about deleting videos stored in the base station: then you cannot do that either from Android or iOS.