Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Endless pestering for subscription

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
MM21338
Aspirant
Aspirant
Arlo is telling me that I’ve reached the end of my camera activity after three years. They say my cameras will become inactive unless I subscribe to a monthly plan. After all of the technical issues and lack of support during my initial year of paid service, I’m more likely to run a semi truck through the local Arlo office than pay them a dime. Anyone else tired of the constant harassment for dollars? I bought two of your 3 camera systems, now leave me the **bleep** alone.
4 REPLIES 4
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@MM21338 wrote:
They say my cameras will become inactive unless I subscribe to a monthly plan. 

That sounds to me like you reached a scam support site.  Did you google for a support number?

All Arlo cameras can live-stream and send motion notifications w/o a subscription.  Older ones (up to and including the Pro 2) include 7 day cloud storage.

MM21338
Aspirant
Aspirant
Unfortunately this was an Arlo popup when I opened the app. After my initial subscription expired I decided I didn’t need the extra features.. and then the popups began. Usually every fourth or fifth time I open the app to arm or disarm the cameras.
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@MM21338 wrote:
Unfortunately this was an Arlo popup when I opened the app. After my initial subscription expired I decided I didn’t need the extra features.. and then the popups began. Usually every fourth or fifth time I open the app to arm or disarm the cameras.

I get that the popups are are annoying (and can feel relentless).

Though the cameras won't become "inactive", you will get the features described here: https://kb.arlo.com/000062312/What-options-will-I-have-when-the-Arlo-trial-ends

MM21338
Aspirant
Aspirant
Thanks for the reply. I have six of the Arlo Pro which according to the link will not be affected despite the intentional wording of the popup leading me to believe that “my camera limit has been reached”. This is playing dirty and at best deceptive business practices. My opinion of Arlo just dropped another notch. Honestly I’m on the fence between trying to return the systems to Costco or just tossing them in the dumpster. The thousand bucks is not the issue. I would never treat our customers this way and based on a few similar reviews I’m not the only person who is dissatisfied with Arlo products and service. Costco sells other brands.