Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Ultra-2 camera - Need a HUB

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
DavidCooney
Follower
Follower

I recently purchased two Ultra-2 cameras.  I now want to avoid the subscription model and purchase the hub to record/store the videos...  How do I purchase just the hub -- where do I go ??  In hind-sight - I did not know what I did not know about where videos were stored...   Thanks for your help !!  have a great day !!

1 REPLY 1
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@DavidCooney wrote:

I recently purchased two Ultra-2 cameras.  I now want to avoid the subscription model and purchase the hub to record/store the videos...  How do I purchase just the hub -- where do I go ??  In hind-sight - I did not know what I did not know about where videos were stored...   Thanks for your help !!  have a great day !!

The Ultra 2 can't be used at all without a hub.  Are you sure you have the correct camera model?  If you on-boarded to your home wifi, then you likely have a Pro 4.

You can find the details of the camera model by opening up the camera shell and removing the battery.  There's a label there that starts with VMC.  The Ultra 2 should say either VMC5040 or VMC5042.