Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Does anyone know how to get support from Arlo other than the virtual assistant?

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Stevieg53
Follower
Follower

I need to figure out what plan is best for me. I have  12 cameras at three different locations, some of which are not recording, and some of which aren’t even on a plan. I also want to transfer ownership of the account to my wife who spends about 10 times as much time looking at the Arlo cameras as I do.  Any help greatly appreciated.  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Stevieg53 wrote:

I need to figure out what plan is best for me. I have  12 cameras at three different locations, some of which are not recording, and some of which aren’t even on a plan. 

The options are Arlo Secure and Arlo Secure Plus - both of which have unlimited cameras (which can be deployed at more than one site).  

Arlo Secure offers up to 2K resolution; Arlo Secure Plus offers 4K.  Secure Plus has a couple other features that vary by geography.

@Stevieg53 wrote:

I also want to transfer ownership of the account to my wife who spends about 10 times as much time looking at the Arlo cameras as I do.  

I'd transfer before getting a subscription.

If she isn't using a friend account, then you can just change the account email to hers. https://kb.arlo.com/4118/How-can-I-change-my-Arlo-email-address

But if she already has a friend account using her main email address, then she'd need to delete that account first (from the app / my.arlo.com privacy center).  Then you could create a new account using your email, and she can invite you to be the "friend".

The other way is to remove all devices from your account, then re-add them to hers.  Which will take a lot longer, especially with three locations (you need to be on site to add them).  

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Stevieg53 wrote:

I need to figure out what plan is best for me. I have  12 cameras at three different locations, some of which are not recording, and some of which aren’t even on a plan. 

The options are Arlo Secure and Arlo Secure Plus - both of which have unlimited cameras (which can be deployed at more than one site).  

Arlo Secure offers up to 2K resolution; Arlo Secure Plus offers 4K.  Secure Plus has a couple other features that vary by geography.

@Stevieg53 wrote:

I also want to transfer ownership of the account to my wife who spends about 10 times as much time looking at the Arlo cameras as I do.  

I'd transfer before getting a subscription.

If she isn't using a friend account, then you can just change the account email to hers. https://kb.arlo.com/4118/How-can-I-change-my-Arlo-email-address

But if she already has a friend account using her main email address, then she'd need to delete that account first (from the app / my.arlo.com privacy center).  Then you could create a new account using your email, and she can invite you to be the "friend".

The other way is to remove all devices from your account, then re-add them to hers.  Which will take a lot longer, especially with three locations (you need to be on site to add them).