Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Disable mode change notification - we are startled & waken up to system Armed notifications

Discussion stats
Retired_Member
Not applicable

I use a routine to Arm Home at midnight, and then switch to Standby in early morning. 
Now I get woken to an Arlo notification in my phone when the automation runs and the system is Armed and then unarmed. 

Please disable these! We wake up to an Arlo alert, which can be frightening, only to see our system as armed like we wanted it to. 

Or give us the option to disable such non-useful notifications. 

Best answers
  • JamesC
    Community Manager
    Community Manager

We appreciate and are reviewing the feedback provided about the recent enhancement for mode change notifications. The details provided in this thread and others has been shared with the relevant teams internally. I will provide an update here once I have more information available to share.

JamesC

104 REPLIES 104
GoBraves
Apprentice
Apprentice

NO. ARLO has no intention of reversing this because they did it due to safety to the user. Every time we request this, ARLO says it’s a “new feature request” and will have to reviewed by the appropriate team. 
You can turn off the notification in your feed but you can not disable the mode change notifications. That’s why I canceled my subscription. 

Ron-R
Apprentice
Apprentice

@JamesC  any update ?

On 2023-09-14 you stated "the details provided in this thread and others has been shared with the relevant teams internally. I will provide an update here once I have more information available to share."  It has been 7 months since your comment.  That's a long time and your customers are growing increasingly frustrated and irritated.

In addition, you also stated in your 2023-09-14 post that "we appreciate and are reviewing the feedback provided about the recent enhancement for mode change notifications."  Please review the 100+ customer responses in this community site and you'll be elightened to the fact that this forced mode change notification is not an "enhancement" because it causes problems for your customers.  It is, in fact, a defect in your app.  It was a poorly thought through and poorly executed app change.  We understand some people might want it, but Arlo needs to realize that other customers do not, and therefore Arlo needs to provide a choice.

Looking forward to your update.

Casper_NL
Guide
Guide

If they say it is about our safety: I am old enough to make my own decisions regarding what notifications I want. A reason that I want to be able to stop these notifications is that I may be abroad and do not want to get disturbed each time that my partner changes a mode. This is VERY annoying and Arlo really múst give us this choice. It is really very easy to program. 

GoBraves
Apprentice
Apprentice

We have been telling them this exact thing for 9 months. THEY JUST DO NOT CARE! 
If it was about safety, why is it that I can Arm the system, turn each camera off individually and I don’t receive any notifications and the cameras won’t record.? How is that safe? When I asked Customer (NON) Support this exact question they abruptly closed the chat session I was in and closed the case I had open. I have tried to open a new case and they won’t have anything to do with me. That’s when I knew it was time to cancel my subscription and distance myself from this company. 

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

We're continuing to provide feedback to the product team about mode change notifications and the ongoing request for more options to control when/if these notifications are sent. I don't have any new information to share at this time but if any new information becomes available, i'll update the community here.

JamesC