Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Cchase
Aspirant
Aspirant

I accidently deleted the app..

Then when I re-added it. The app didn't show any of my connected cameras... It says 'add new device'

It doesn't show any videos.

When I click on 'add new device'... It won't find the base station... I'm afraid to press the reset button... As I have a second Arlo and when I pressed the 'reset', it finds the base but says it needs to check for updates... It times out and won't update... Please help

5 REPLIES 5
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

It sounds like you created a new account with a different email address. Log out and log back in using your initial credentials.

Cchase
Aspirant
Aspirant

I logged out... Logged back in... Same... No devices.. I logged in on my wife's phone with the same email and password... She has the camera (devices) on the screen with the ability to watch the cameras and camera video... I can't on my phone for some reason... It just says 'add new device'... I check to make sure that all firmware was up to date and it is.   I don't have the new looking app even with the update... It's the old one with device, mode, library... But not it doesn't have the 'mode' anymore... Please help... I'm afraid to 'reset' to factory... But may have to... 

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

It sounds like you're using a guest/granted access account. Who originally set up the system?

Cchase
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you for the reply.. But I am using the same account and log in... I checked and the base is at the most updated fireware.

My wife and I use the same log in and password... When she logs in 

.it logs me out.   Her app is updated also.  When she logs in, she has the same old looking app with 'devices' and 'library'...mode is gone...  She can see the cameras we have installed... As I use to be able to.. until I uninstalled the app... And re-installed.  Once I reinstalled, I couldn't see the cameras... And it says ' add 'devices'...  

So weird... We have the same log in... Shouldn't I cameras be there on the account.. Shouldn't we see the same app page... 

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

A better solution is to use Settings, Grant Access (old interface) or your profile (person icon top left), People (new interface) so that each person has their own login. Also, make sure that you're both on the same app version.