Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Remove ads for subscribers

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 5 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
aeronp
Initiate
Initiate

Why do I receive full screen ads when I open the arlo mobile app despite being subscribed?

4 REPLIES 4
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

aeronp,

You can opt out of promotional offers within the Arlo app by navigating to Settings > Profile > Edit Profile > uncheck "Keep me up-to-date..."

JamesC

aeronp
Initiate
Initiate

This box was already unchecked in my profile, and I still receive ads when I open the Arlo mobile app.

Rb53-5-2
Initiate
Initiate

The original poster is correct. I too had this option unchecked yet continue to receive ads to upgrade to subscription services within the app. I already paid for the product, now you want to charge again to make the product work (increased accuracy)? Shameful customer experience and a losing customer retention strategy. Please answer the specific question posed - How do you opt out from this in-app spam?

Toddtmw
Initiate
Initiate

Same. I have it unchecked and get ads every time I look at the app and go away for a bit and come back, full-screen ad making the app unusable until I find the correct response to make it go away. 

Arlo is actively showing hostility toward its customers. Not a great long-term strategy. Especially for very overpriced cameras.