Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

DOES ARLO SECURE SUBSCRIPTION .es DOWNGRADE ULTRA2 4K CAMERAS?

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
AntoniXXX
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi, if I have a Secure subscription (as opposed to a Secure Plus subscription), will the 'live feed/streaming' be displaying onscreen in 4k (since the cameras are 4k Ultra2 cameras) but the recordings stored as part of the subscription be in 2k?

Or: will the 'Secure' subscription mean that my Ultra2 4k cameras now only ever operate in 2k, with 2k live streaming, and with 2k recordings of motions etc? (i.e. downgrading the operation of the cameras entirely)

Obviously, what I would have thought is reasonable, is that under a  'Secure' subscription, I should remain with 4k live streaming, but with 2k recordings (since Secure only records in 2k as per the deal). But if I wanted 4k recordings, then I'd need to change to Secure Plus.

My subscription is in Spain, €9.99/mth Secure subscription.

A definitive answer on this would be great, thx,

3 REPLIES 3
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@AntoniXXX wrote:

if I have a Secure subscription (as opposed to a Secure Plus subscription), will the 'live feed/streaming' be displaying onscreen in 4k (since the cameras are 4k Ultra2 cameras) but the recordings stored as part of the subscription be in 2k?

Or: will the 'Secure' subscription mean that my Ultra2 4k cameras now only ever operate in 2k, with 2k live streaming, and with 2k recordings of motions etc? (i.e. downgrading the operation of the cameras entirely)

Both recordings and livestreaming will be 2K.

AntoniXXX
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks for the info. 

Do you think that's fair?

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@AntoniXXX wrote:

Do you think that's fair?

Personally I have a Secure Plus subscription.  Though I also don't use 4K livestreaming, as I prefer the option to make manual recordings (which is disabled if you use 2K or 4K livestreaming). So I'd rather have 4K recordings than 4K livestreams.  Though obviously different folks will have different opinions on this.