Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Changing providers Arlo GO

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Lakelady666
Tutor
Tutor

Hi,

what is the right procedure for changing the sim and Network Carrier in an Arlo Go.

At the moment I have the ARLO Go linked to a Vodafone Sim card, I would like to change to a different providers Sim card. It does not work by just swapping cards.

What is the right way of doing this?

thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Lakelady666
Tutor
Tutor

It appears it is possible. At least in NZ, you need to request the APN data from the new provider and change the APN settings in the app for that camera, reset the camera using the QR code provided and then re-invite any users.
I changed from Vodafone to 2degrees. 

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I don't believe changing carriers can happen due to different radio hardware in the camera.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Lakelady666 wrote:

what is the right procedure for changing the sim and Network Carrier in an Arlo Go.

At the moment I have the ARLO Go linked to a Vodafone Sim card, I would like to change to a different providers Sim card. It does not work by just swapping cards.

What is the right way of doing this?

Some folks have posted that you need to first put the new SIM in your phone, and unlock the PIN.  Then install it in the camera.

Others say that you might also need to manually enter the APN in the camera setup procedure.

This isn't a camera I own, so I have no direct experience here.

Lakelady666
Tutor
Tutor

It appears it is possible. At least in NZ, you need to request the APN data from the new provider and change the APN settings in the app for that camera, reset the camera using the QR code provided and then re-invite any users.
I changed from Vodafone to 2degrees. 

Lakelady666
Tutor
Tutor

I had a lot of trouble until I realized that I needed to re-set the APM data before changing out the SIM, I re-set the data, saved it, swapped out the SIM, scanned the QR code the app provided and the camera re-loaded onto my app using the new provider. I then had to re-authorise other viewers so they could see the camera again, some had to re-start their apps.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Lakelady666 wrote:

I had a lot of trouble until I realized that I needed to re-set the APN data before changing out the SIM, I re-set the data, saved it, swapped out the SIM, scanned the QR code the app provided and the camera re-loaded onto my app using the new provider. I then had to re-authorise other viewers so they could see the camera again, some had to re-start their apps.

Thanks for providing this info!