Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 29 Replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 10 In Conversation
curtisc3478
Guide
Guide

I have been trying for a month to buy a subscription so i can see the videos on my phone / app.  The page to add the subscriptions does nothing and there's a grey continue button at bottom.  In have been on support chat three times, a hour each and they tell me someone will look into it.  Different computers, different browsers, cleared cache, nothing makes this work.

these 1000 cameras are useless if I cant see the recorded activity...  Never had such a hard time giving someone my money..

Anyone else know how to work around this?  

29 REPLIES 29
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

curtisc3478,

Try clearing your browser cache and log back into your account. Use the following steps to select a subscription:

Log in to my.arlo.com and navigate to Settings > Subscription > Subscribe Now > Choose the desired plan and follow the subscription flow.

JamesC

curtisc3478
Guide
Guide

I have cleared, tried different computers, different browsers all of those things.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Could you provide a screenshot of the issue so we can better understand exactly what you're seeing when navigating through the subscription flow?

JamesC

curtisc3478
Guide
Guide

Sure, its attached to the original post.  

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Are you using this path? Log in to my.arlo.com and navigate to Settings > Subscription > Subscribe Now > Choose the desired plan and follow the subscription flow.

You should see a screen like the one below after tapping the subscribe now button. You can then select the desired plan and hit continue:

curtisc3478
Guide
Guide

My Arlo login -> Settings -> Subscription -> Arlo Secure Subscribe Now -> Any of the three plans when click the subscribe now, nothing happens.   And there is a bar at bottom of screen that says Continue Greyed out that I cant click.   Just like in the screenshot in first post.  

Spoiler

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

curtisc3478,

Are you doing this from the mobile app? If so, try logging in from a computer using the my.arlo.com link i've provided above.

JamesC

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

After clicking Subscribe now, you should see 3 plan options like in the screenshot i've linked above. Is that not there for you? Select one of the plan options and then the continue button should be available.

JamesC

curtisc3478
Guide
Guide

Not from App.  App just says goto web to manage subscriptions

curtisc3478
Guide
Guide

Yes the three plans are there for me, just like the screenshot i attached to post one shows.  Nothing happens when i click any of them

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Okay sounds like there is a bug. I've escalated this to the development team for further investigation.

JamesC

Legends92
Apprentice
Apprentice
curtisc3478
Guide
Guide

I have created tickets, never even get a single response.  I'm  mind blown about this issue.  Your biggest down fall in the marketplace is a subscription model, and you don't even have one people can buy if they choose to look at your product over non subscription models.

I sold these cameras on FB marketplace and bought blink cameras.  Work perfect, no support issues.  Thanks Arlo for pushing me to them!

EkimNotrub
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am having similar issues . I went through the sign up process on my.arlo.com and after entering my cc info and accepting the terms of service....nothing. No feedback or errors. Please fix the bug unless you don't want my money then let me know so I can go with another security company.

Spcp
Tutor
Tutor

I have tried every suggestion in these posts and Nothing allows me to purchase a subscription. I eve tried chat and that was useless. Tried through my settings and that was useless. How do I subscribe for goodness sakes. Doesn’t Arlo want me to subscribe?

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Spcp,

Do you live somewhere subscriptions are not available? Take a look here for a list of eligible countries: What are the available Arlo subscription plans and how much cloud recording is available?

JamesC

Rkay321
Guide
Guide

Curtisc, the issues you are having are not you.  The Arlo ‘Web’ interface is having a ton of issues. 

i have called arlo and its a waste of time talking to level 1 support.  I provided all the screen shots and details regarding these issues.  Let me know if you see similar ones.

(All of these issues are on the Web browser)

1. Arlo go 1 cameras are asking for a SIMM card to be installed, new issue as the camera has been active for years, i tried rebooting the camera doesn’t work, again the camera is ok in App

2. No camera is able to live stream, as It times out.

3. Cannot add a camera to my subscription for notications from an inactive list

4. Inactive list does not show all my cameras

5. My subscription is way out of date, shows August 31 as the last date of renewal 

6. As you probably know you cannot add a camera for subscription in the App, only in the Web.

my conclusion is Arlo is either undergoing a Hack, or is completely redoing the Website, mainly due to the Arlo GO for both cases…. I’m betting on a hack from a competitor, because this is a disaster looming if its not fixed soon.  Arlo sales will plummet 

i love the product, but this is a major blow to my confidence 

FIX IT ARLO!

Rkay321
Guide
Guide

Update.  I updated my subscription to unlimited and removed 911 calling. It’s For the same price 9.99.  and it solved most of my issues.  I can now see all my cameras in Subscription, (in the App) looks like they are removing the section Active and UnActive , also when i upgraded, it charges me a prorated usage for the month. .  

Spcp
Tutor
Tutor

That was not the issue. I have IOS and your system only supports android. Also the link provided by Arlo doesn’t work either. 

Spcp
Tutor
Tutor

It wasn’t fixed so working out bug is a problem for Arlo. 

Spcp
Tutor
Tutor

Not available. 

ggf
Aspirant
Aspirant

Same issue. This is ridiculous. My family added two pro 3 spotlights this summer that had the trial through mid-November. I have tried to add the arlo secure subscription in Chrome and MS Edge. From the Arlo secure page --> https://www.arlo.com/en-us/arlosecure.html it literally will not allow me to purchase a plan. Screenshots below in reverse chronological order. I select Resume Subscription from image 2, and immediately get the timed out message. I cleared my browser history also, that didn't work. Not sure what the Sept. 4 date signifies, we had full access until mid-November, after the spotlight camera trial. 

Had I known this at the outset I doubt we would have upgraded from our regular non-spotlight cameras. Arlo support via chat expects to be back with an update within 48 hours. If the update includes a solution, that will at least be better than current situation. Right now I have two expensive-to-me spotlight cameras that provide a very small fraction of the value for the purchase. At the moment, Arlo is little more than a waste of money and time. 

arlo2.JPGarlo1.JPG

ggf
Aspirant
Aspirant

Maybe it's just me, but it seems the images I uploaded that were visible when I clicked post don't in fact appear in the message. Seems...fitting. 🙄

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@ggf wrote:

the images I uploaded that were visible when I clicked post don't in fact appear in the message.

Embedded images are manually reviewed/approved before they are shown.  That can take a couple of hours.