Can't share access

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
jbwithro
Aspirant
Aspirant

When someone added me to share access, I get the email, click on it, log in successfully, but don't see the cameras that he selected to share with me. I even tried creating a new account with a different email address and it still isn't working. It shows "pending" on his end, and no cameras on my end. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jbwithro
Aspirant
Aspirant

Turns out there's one key piece of information that was left out. The person that was trying to share cameras with me had a different version of the app than I did. I finally found a number for customer support (669-677-8950) and we were able to live troubleshoot and rectify the issue. I had to initiate the process of adding a new version camera, which prompted the app to update. Once the app was updated, we just had to re-initiate the process of adding me to the other person's cameras.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@jbwithro wrote:

When someone added me to share access, I get the email, click on it, log in successfully, but don't see the cameras that he selected to share with me. I even tried creating a new account with a different email address and it still isn't working. It shows "pending" on his end, and no cameras on my end. 

That sounds like the right process, but it shouldn't show as "pending".

Are you doing this on a PC (not a tablet or phone)?

Is the invitation being sent to the email address that matches your Arlo account name?

Are you 

1. clicking on Create Account
  2. waiting for the browser window to open
  3. logging into the account
  4. completing the two factor authentication

jbwithro
Aspirant
Aspirant

That sounds like the right process, but it shouldn't show as "pending".

Are you doing this on a PC (not a tablet or phone)? iPhone to iPhone

Is the invitation being sent to the email address that matches your Arlo account name? Yes

Are you 

1. clicking on Create Account I already had an account so I just logged in (the first try). I created a new account the second try.
  2. waiting for the browser window to open Yes
  3. logging into the account Yes
  4. completing the two factor authentication It wasn't required
jbwithro
Aspirant
Aspirant

Turns out there's one key piece of information that was left out. The person that was trying to share cameras with me had a different version of the app than I did. I finally found a number for customer support (669-677-8950) and we were able to live troubleshoot and rectify the issue. I had to initiate the process of adding a new version camera, which prompted the app to update. Once the app was updated, we just had to re-initiate the process of adding me to the other person's cameras.