Can't connect to system

Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
Dontbuyarlo2
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have an old Arlo system I believe 4000 or 4500 base and pro 2 cameras. I updated my Arlo app and now I cannot connect to my system and no way to revert to the old app. Shame on Arlo for this nonsense. I spent several hours trying to trouble shoot this and there is no way out of this. And on top of that I don’t qualify for live support. What kind of company is this and what kind of business are you running. Shame on you and whoever is making business decisions like this. Costco is going to hear about this nonsense. You don’t deserve to be at Costco.

9 REPLIES 9
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

The new user interface (UI) still supports your equipment. The app supports both the old UI that uses Library to view recordings as well as the new UI that uses Feed so it's not an app issue.

What are the LEDs on the base showing? Have you looked through the UI to see where things are? Dashboard, by default, doesn't show devices but you can add them using the "+" at the top to add widgets. Devices show anything already connected. Are you getting any notifications and recordings in Feed? All details will help to figure this out.

plato
Aspirant
Aspirant

Arlo Base and  cameras show  offline  but receiving notifications,  so far did base power off/on no change.

No video, look like a software problem, system is bricked.   Will an update from arlo fix the issue?

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@plato

What does the web portal state?

Have you tried removing and reinstalling the Arlo app? 

Dontbuyarlo2
Aspirant
Aspirant

The app is not picking up the base or the cameras. The account is under my wife’s name. She added me to share the account ( like we were doing in the old app) and I still cannot connect. I was able to speak to a live agent. He was very nice. We updated my wife’s app to the new app and he granted permission for the sharing of the account but I am still unable to connect to the cameras or the base. Like other users said I get the notifications but cannot pick up any of the devices. Weird! Any Arlo employees that can address this ? 

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@Dontbuyarlo2 

Do both of your accounts show "feed" at the bottom of the Arlo app home page?

Dontbuyarlo2
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes both show feed at the bottom.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@Dontbuyarlo2 

I have escalated this for you & someone from support will be reaching out to you as soon as possible.

Dontbuyarlo2
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks, I am confirming that support reached out to me and fixed the issue. Thanks again! 

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

No worries! Thanks for the update.