Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
tkdog1
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am using the Arlo Secure App and it looks like I got a recent update on my Android smartphone and now my camera notifications are showing up very sparsely.    They were working fine before but now, not so much.  When I go to settings on the app and about, it shows ver 4.4.1_28536, released 5/25/23.  My wife has an Android also and uses the same app and hers is working fine.  The release date on her app shows April so my feeling is that something in this new release messed up my notifications.  Thoughts?

4 REPLIES 4
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

tkdog1,

When you say sparsely, are you indicating you are receiving notifications but not all expected notifications? Is there any pattern to the notifications that you are receiving (from a specific camera, during a specific time, etc.)?

JamesC

tkdog1
Aspirant
Aspirant

I receive some notifications but not all.  It seems to go in spurts.  I dont get some in the morning then I get some in the afternoon or the other way around.  Unfortunately I have not come up with a pattern.

WN1986
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have experienced exactly this same problem on my android smartphone. I contacted tech support line but so far no solution. Apparently this issue has been escalated to engineering team but I have to wait. This is why I downloaded previous app version 4.3.5_28531 from APKmirror website and so far I have no issues. It would be nice if Arlo treated this issue seriously as notifications are quite crucial features of their product.   

tkdog1
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks for the info.  I may try that.  It has been very frustrating.