Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation
aweaver
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hello!

I'm honestly not sure if this is the correct place to ask this kind of question, but considering how hard Arlo makes it to get any kind of question answered, I'm hoping I can get some questions answered through this route.

I am part of a business that has lots of different locations and we use Arlo Cameras to monitor those locations for suspicious activity. The person who previously handled this for us left the company and just did not leave any information behind so I'm hoping I can try to get some questions answered. 

We purchase our cameras through Verizon and have a data plan through Verizon but I can not find any information as to how businesses are handled through Arlo cloud. Is there any difference between a "family" versus a "business" account with Arlo?

We have several different users who all need access to the cameras at any given time. Do we need to have just one user to does the initial enrollment for the devices and then shares access to those other users? I assume this to be the case due to the way subscriptions are handled. 

Any information that could be provided would be greatly appreciated!

7 REPLIES 7
BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hello,

To share an Arlo account you would have a main account holder and then you will add authorized users. You can send them invites and then give them full access or limit what they can do. Please keep in mind there is currently to user interfaces one is UX 3 which shows library and the newer UX 4 shows feed. For it to work correctly all authorized users need to be on the same user interface. 

https://kb.arlo.com/000039122/How-do-I-add-friends-on-my-Arlo-Secure-app

As far as subscriptions go there is not a huge difference between the business plans and the regular plans. They have about the same features and as far as price goes the regular plans would save you a little bit of money. 

Please let me know if there is any other questions I can answer for you. You can also DM me. You send a dm by clicking on the envelope icon on the top right of the forum page.

aweaver
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you for the information!

For the user interfaces, I have the login of the prior employee who had everything setup and I do see that my own interface is completely different than the one that this previous user has and I'm using the exact same portal(My Dashboard) for each login. 

How do I ensure that myself and other users are on the same interface? Is that done through the invite to view the devices?

BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

It is dependent on if they have the new update or not. If they are showing library they will need to onboard a Pro 5 (even if they don't have one) and it will kick in that update.  

aweaver
Aspirant
Aspirant

In our instance, all of our devices are currently either the Arlo GO or the Arlo GO 2. I updated two of our devices using a new SIM card and as I invited one of the previous users to view the new "device" it was not showing in his portal. 

Since we do not have any of the Pro 5's that you mentioned previously, is there any other way to udpate their interface? Is it possible to completely delete their account and reenroll to trigger the update?

Thank you,

BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

You do not need the Pro 5. You will just act like you have one and once you start onboarding it, the app will tell you that an update is needed. That will push you into the Ux 4 which is the newest software. 

aweaver
Aspirant
Aspirant

My apologies, I forgot you had said that previously. Thank you for all the assistance!

BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

No problem, if you have any more questions please let me know.