Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 12 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 4 In Conversation
Jim97
Tutor
Tutor

Hi Team,

last week, one of my 2 bases is missing, along with the attached devices.

No actions or changes were performed , during the last months.

The missing base is properly connected to the network. The led status : green-green-orange

Could you please assist ?

12 REPLIES 12
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Jim97 wrote:

last week, one of my 2 bases is missing,

Not in the account at all?  Or in the account, but offline?

Jim97
Tutor
Tutor

Thx,

not in the account at all, like deleted

regards 

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Jim97 wrote:

not in the account at all, like deleted

Try resetting the base (with a paper-clip) and then re-adding the base station to the account.

After the base station is in the account, you'll need to re-add the cameras.

Jimmy971
Aspirant
Aspirant

thank you , but this is not a true solution : how come I have to do again the whole process from scratch, involving climbing to grab all the mounted cameras, without knowing the root problem ? 

I mean, without proper investigations, this problem could occur again , and this is supposed to be an home security product, and with paid subscription 

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

A system that has just disappeared likely was removed by someone, perhaps completely by accident. It could also be a display issue - have you tried both the app and web client to see if there's a difference? What does the "disappeared" base show on its LED(s)?

Jim97
Tutor
Tutor

I am the only admin for this system

It's the same on the web access : the base and related devices are missing

Is there any logs or diags datas that can be retrieve for the support ? It could very helpful to find out

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

The logs are available only to the official support folks. You need a subscription to talk to them so you could buy a monthly single camera sub to enable your access to see if logs provide help. Cancel the sub when done.

However, you didn't answer the question about what the LEDs on the base are showing.

Jim97
Tutor
Tutor

thank you, I will try again with support, as the App sent me straight to the community help

I do have a subscription plan.

Sorry for the leds :  GREEN-GREEN-AMBER

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

That likely means the base has to be re-claimed (start fresh) which, of course, would explain its disappearance.  How that happened is a mystery which you may never be able to explain.

Jim97
Tutor
Tutor

ok , but I'm sure to understand the reclaim & start fresh

You mean to reboot the device ? (done already, a couple times)

I can see from my library that videos stopped the recording since Feb 22

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

No, click on Add Device in the Devices tab to start as if you just bought the system.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Jim97 wrote:

ok , but I'm sure to understand the reclaim & start fresh

He means to do the factory reset I suggested above, and then re-add the cameras.