Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

ios App new version

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Eyball
Apprentice
Apprentice

Maybe I am missing it but is there a way to setup geofencing so when someone returns home it goes back to the previous mode the system was in?  The new automations are wacky, buggy, and lack the custom option which is highly annoying.

5 REPLIES 5
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

You need to set up an automation twice - one for leaving and one for returning. Make sure you're selecting appropriate phones in each.

Eyball
Apprentice
Apprentice

Yeah I have two setup that seam to work after I figured out which devices were our phones.  But the problem is I want the system to fully arm when I leave which works fine.  When you return it puts the system in standby which is fine also, except that I use the arm at home weekdays to keep certain cameras on.  If I leave and come back during this time the system will go to standby and not back to arm at home.  The scheduling the old way worked way better.  I like the new app but Arlo obviously didn’t test it enough before release.  I am also noticing schedule mode changes not always happening for some reason too…🤦‍♂️

rv4444
Guide
Guide

the new app is JUNK  they need to bring back the user created modes

Eyball
Apprentice
Apprentice

100% agree.  How arlo can release something with so many bugs is beyond me.  Just today my system failed to go into standby at 9am.  Just continued to stay armed even though I have a schedule setup for Saturday & Sunday to go into standby at 9am.   🤦‍♂️

Eyball
Apprentice
Apprentice

Another issue with the app is it will never notify me when leaving the geofence although it does arm the system and then does notify me when I return.