Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo secure

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
charlesgorbet
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have had nothing but trouble since my trial subscription expired. My intent was to record on the smart head but it's been nothing but a headache and my 32 GB card is over 80% full so it stopped recording I can't seem to get the card format to start again . The system in general is a good system. It's just the recording for on site. It seems to be an issue really needs to be fixed and proper QC performed before it's released to the public.

3 REPLIES 3
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

charlesgorbet,

Are you able to provide more information about what you are experiencing? Are you seeing any error messages within the Arlo mobile app?

JamesC

charlesgorbet
Aspirant
Aspirant

When the trial subscription expired, I can no longer see thumbnails or preview what was recorded in the app. I Hub will record, but you have to take and select which one you want to download to review. Totally not acceptable. The only solution is to buy a subscription.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@charlesgorbet wrote:

When the trial subscription expired, I can no longer see thumbnails or preview what was recorded in the app. I Hub will record, but you have to take and select which one you want to download to review. 

Yes, that is correct.  Direct Access to Local Storage does have quite a few limitations.  You'll also find that you cannot access videos from the PC browser interface and the "Friend" accounts will be unable to access the videos.  Plus no ability to make manual recordings.