Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Guest access not working

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Shocker19
Tutor
Tutor

We're trying to give the baby access to the baby cam, but it's not showing the camera as an option once she accepts the invite and creates an account.  I've tried accepting the invite on a computer, reinstalling the app, and resending the invite but none of those work.

5 REPLIES 5
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Shocker19 wrote:

We're trying to give the baby access to the baby cam, but it's not showing the camera as an option once she accepts the invite and creates an account.  I've tried accepting the invite on a computer, reinstalling the app, and resending the invite but none of those work.

Do you see "Library" in your app interface?  Or do you see "Feed" and "Dashboard"

Similarly, what is she seeing in her app interface?

Shocker19
Tutor
Tutor

Library in mine and feed in hers.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

You will need to migrate your account to the new user interface (UI) so both show Feed. To do so, simply try to add a Pro 5 or security system to your account even though you don't have either. That will force the migration after which you can simply back out of the bogus installation.

Be aware that this really changes things, especially around custom modes if you use them. The new UI supports only 3 default modes so you have to use those to do what you need, regardless of how they're named. ALso, be sure to check your modes, schedule and geofencing in Routines as needed. Set aside some time to get used to the new UI and how its set up and used.

Shocker19
Tutor
Tutor

Thank you! Forcing the change in my phone allowed the camera to show up on the ipad so I'm assuming it'll also be on her phone! 

What's the difference between the widgets on the dashboard and the devices?

Thanks again!

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

What's in Devices aren't widgets - every device is listed. In Dashboard, only those you want to place there will show. And at least in most cases you get a choice of what to display for each.