Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras

Discussion stats
  • 12 Replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
duqu
Guide
Guide

What happened to all my recordings prior to 9/1/2024??? 

I have a subscription. It’s recording and storing the last two days but I have no recordings for the last week or month. I’ve logged out and in, I’ve tried multiple devices - ITS NOT MY SIDE!!! WHERE DID THE RECORDINGS GO???? I can’t get support thru chat, it tells me I don’t have a subscription but they keep taking my money every month, where are my recordings???? Before this last weekend everything was working fine. Now, all my August recordings are gone. 

12 REPLIES 12
duqu
Guide
Guide

My guess is no one here knows how to help. Arlo support is “kindly” asking me to reset my cameras and asking for the serial numbers of the cameras but this is NOT A CAMERA PROBLEM. ARLO SECURE DELETED MY FEED AND IS NOT TAKING RESPONSIBILITY, THEY WILL NOT TELL ME WHY MY AUGUST FEED DISAPPEARED!!   

duqu
Guide
Guide

Day three, Arlo Community has nothing to offer. Arlo support keeps asking me to reset cameras when the problem is they deleted my videos from August. The cameras work fine, Arlo/Netgear has deleted my August feed and is still refusing to help. 

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@duqu wrote:

I have a subscription.  I can’t get support thru chat, it tells me I don’t have a subscription 

I suggest focusing support on this issue first.

Are you seeing no subscription for the camera when you look in the subscription area?

Is it possible you are using a "friend" account, and not the primary account?

duqu
Guide
Guide

I’m seeing I’m subscribed and I’m using the primary account. 

I’ve been subscribed for two years now, the system knows I’m subscribed as well. Support personnel tried to tell me I don’t have a subscription but I do. 

I have 2 locations, one remote and one home. Remote works fine, has a separate primary account, as well. Cameras work, feed has recorded videos from August. My home location works fine, my August feed was deleted. 

Like I’m telling Arlo support, everything is working perfectly, the recorded videos from August have disappeared and I didn’t delete them. 

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@duqu wrote:

I’m seeing I’m subscribed and I’m using the primary account. 

And the camera you are selecting when you access support is in the subscription plan?

If so, you are obviously paying for support, and both the chat and the phone option should give you full access.

@duqu wrote:

Like I’m telling Arlo support, everything is working perfectly, the recorded videos from August have disappeared and I didn’t delete them. 

I don't think you'll be able to get them back.  The only shot would be to try to escalate to L3.  Clearly reinstalling the cameras, etc won't do anything useful, and could actually make retrieval of the recordings more difficult.

BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@duqu I have created a ticket for support to reach out to you. They will be reaching out to you as soon as possible. 

duqu
Guide
Guide

many thanks!! I didn’t know that we could do that here. I’ll keep my eyes open 

duqu
Guide
Guide

the option to call support just showed back up in the app. it wasn’t there for 4 days. and yes, the app is updated to current version. 

BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

They will reach out to you.

duqu
Guide
Guide

They reached out to me. They are no help whatsoever. Now they are blaming the feed disappearance on me. I know for a fact I did not delete my August feed. 

the support I am getting is worthless. they are nearing “lying” level, they aren’t telling me why the August feed disappeared. 

these guys are a joke! 

duqu
Guide
Guide

how do I removed the “solution” accepted thing? I clicked that accidentally last week. 

THIS ISSUE IS FAR FROM RESOLVED. ARLO REMOVED MY AUGUST FEED AND THEY ARE NOT EXPLAINING WHY THIS HAPPENED NOR ASSURING ME THIS WONT HAPPEN AGAIN!! 

MY TIME AS A CUSTOMER WILL COME TO AN END SOOM. 

duqu
Guide
Guide

Never received support for my August feed disappearing. Nothing but excuses and blaming others. 

pay attention to your feed folks. if there is anything there download it immediately - DO NOT DEPEND ON ARLO.