Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo base stations disarm at midnight

Discussion stats
  • 0 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 In Conversation
secaz
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

This seems to crop up every couple of years when Arlo can't leave well enough alone and breaks code that works.  All my schedules and modes work just fine until Arlo breaks things.

I have three base stations and starting midnight this past Thursday (Thursday seems to be a fav day for Arlo to tinker with things), they have been in various states of armed/disarmed.

I deleted the modes for each base station and created new ones and added those to schedule.  The first night, Thursday at 00:00, only ONE base station disarmed so I created new modes, the next night the two different ones disarmed so create new modes for those, and last night one that had disarmed the previous night again disarmed.

And resetting everything to factory defaults, aside from being a HUGE PA, has never helped fix a single thing for me EVER.  It takes the devs to clean up the mess their code injection caused before things (magically) start to again work as expected.

It's really sad that you can't depend on Arlo - been using it forever and learned a long time ago it's wholly unreliable, and am so sorry I heavily invested in it way back when it USED to work right.   

They really need to stop tweaking code and do a complete re-write of everything instead of trying to patch the unholy mess.

And everyone who has an Arlo camera knows about the 1 minute gap in security at midnight, because you have to stop your mode/schedule at 23:59 and start it again at 00:00.  And a minute is a LONG TIME - I have a wicked old man for a neighbor who has the same cameras, so he knows he can throw stuff over the wall into my yard during that minute when Arlo is offline... and he also knows about all the other Arlo deficiencies so takes advantage of those, too, to evade triggering my cameras.  And you can rest assured if a wicked old man can figure all that out, then criminals ALSO know all about Arlo and it's capabilities AS WELL AS deficiencies...

The only GOOD thing I can say about Arlo is the hardware (at least older versions) can take a serious beating and still keep working.  I live in the desert and they survive the extreme heat, monsoon storms, dust storms, angry Gila woodpeckers, freezing temperatures and still work great, at least as far as functioning hardware.  The firmware is a whole other matter, of course, because Arlo likes to break things that already work well.

0 REPLIES 0