Arlo Sensor not connecting

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Mbambi28
Apprentice
Apprentice

I have 7 cameras and a doorbell, 2 chimes, and 5 sensors installed. I'm trying to install a sensor on the garage door. (I've done this before in my old house)

I just moved into my new home and reconnected and installed everything above, but I cannot get the garage door sensor installed properly. It's a brand new sensor, It's connected to the alarm base (just like the others), but I can't get past the "stick sensor on garage door" portion, where I would then open the garage door so the sensor can detect the open and close motion.  

I  have tried:

- rebooting alarm hub, bridge and wifi. 

- deleting sensor from system and resetting the sensor and starting the pairing process over (I can pair, just can't get past the stick sensor to door portion)

- tried another brand new sensor

- tried setting it up practically touching the alarm hub and wifi.

I know how to install everything, as I have successfully done with all the other sensors and systems. What is going on? 

is there a sensor limit?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Mbambi28
Apprentice
Apprentice

I tried that and it didn't work. 

What finally did work, was installing it through the computer instead of on the phone. I did it in less than a minute. 

SMH. So many problems with the app. 

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I've has issues completing sensor installation in the past - no idea if I still would. What I did was to continue on - there was a way to skip displayed. If you see this, try that and when you get to the full UI, note the red "!" for the sensor. Click on it and complete the install from there.

Mbambi28
Apprentice
Apprentice

Yea i went the red alert button route and it takes you back to the steps, and I continue being stuck on the stick sensor to door part.

Arlo? is there a sensor/camera/devices limit? or please help

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Mbambi28,

You shouldn't be encountering any sensor limitations at 5 sensors. Try reinstalling the Arlo Secure mobile app. Do you still experience the same behavior?

JamesC

Mbambi28
Apprentice
Apprentice

I tried that and it didn't work. 

What finally did work, was installing it through the computer instead of on the phone. I did it in less than a minute. 

SMH. So many problems with the app.