Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 5 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
ad9i3f
Star
Star

multiple cams (which shouldnt matter in this issue) - vmb4000r3 base, Arlo Pro 4 & Arlo 5s2k - have 2 locations - 13 total cams.

Currently on Arlo Secure version - 4.6.2 (6478) & iOS version - 16.5.1 (c) and android app version 4.6.1_28552 (latest android release) 

When in on my iPad in the iOS version ONLY for Arlo Secure - I can see ALL my devices fine - however - when i click on ANY specific device to drill down to the videos or settings - since this latest update - there is NO cog wheel in the upper right corner like there use to be - and there has never been a "back" arrow / button for me to get back to the previous page to lets say go to the dashboard or feed for example. So using iOS (everything is up to date) - i have no way of drilling down into the camera settings and Im stuck in that particular device once selected since there is no back button or arrow on the left hand side upper corner like on android. 

All that said - on the android app - there are NO issues - I can tap ANY device - and see a cog wheel in the upper right corner and a back arrow in the upper left corner. I can drill down into the camera settings in android BUT not  in the iOS app like expected.

Can anyone shed some light on this? Is this MY issue (user error) - I DID have the cog wheel prior to these last couple or Arlo Secure updates - but never have had a "back" button. 

Please dont tell me to uninstall and reinstall the app - that should NOT be the answer - my wife has NOT upgraded to the latest iOS version or the latest Arlo Secure version and she still has a cog wheel when she taps on each device BUT like me - never has had a "back" button to get back to the prior page to navigate to the dashboard, feed etc... when i watch a video in the iOS version - i swipe left/right to see another vid for that particular device and have to exit out of the app completely and start all over to see another device feed.

Whats going on? 

Thankfully - I have the android piece to use - but iOS is not functioning how I would expect

Please advise

Thx

-mf

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Retired_Member
Not applicable

I have the same issue.  It is specific to the iOS app (feed mode) running on iOS 16 when the iPad is in landscape mode and viewing a video or device.  The screen layout is broken.   This includes the back button being missing.  Only way to get out of it is to rotate the iPad to portrait at which point the back button reappears (along with the recording history for the device you are viewing) or force closing and reloading the app.  Running on an iPad with iOS 15 is or the iPhone is OK it seems with back button visible.  Reported this to support nearly 2 weeks ago but no response.    I have many other issues with the new ‘feed mode’ changes, this being one of them.  Hoping for swift updates or may have to ditch Arlo.  Was very happy with the old style ‘pre feed mode’ App, wish I could go back.   Unfortunately this ‘feed mode’ update is a mess at the moment.  Hope Arlo get it fixed soon.  🤞

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

Does your app interface show "Library" as an option at the bottom?  Or does it show "Dashboard" and "Feed"?

ad9i3f
Star
Star

in iOS AND android options are:

Dashboard - Feed - Emergency - Devices - Routines 

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

You can access the camera settings via Settings (or the "person" icon top left), Home, Devices. No idea why the cog wheel would be missing for the iOS app however rebooting the phone and reinstalling the app would still be a valid troubleshooting step.

ad9i3f
Star
Star

ok - got it - devices can be accessed as described - thank you for that - not sure how I missed that - BUT, i did and thanks again... that said - Im ALWAYS leery about reinstalling things just because they appear to have been broken on an update ... but i can try that. Let me ask this 1st - and I just want to confirm... once I uninstall the app and then reinstall it and log on via iOS - ALL settings, routines, devices, EVERYTHING previously saved - set up - worked on - EVERYTHING is in the cloud and will just be readily available as if NOTHING changed when i do this - CORRECT? 

i DO NOT have the energy in me to do ANYTHING other than uninstall and reinstall - i just want to confirm that once I do this - Ill either see the cog and have a back button or not - nothing else (as far as settings go will change)

Can someone confirm this with absolute authority? 

I know I have the android version to fall back on - BUT - i just want to confirm that all Im doing is just placing a fresh copy of the latest app on the device in case something was in fact jacked up on an upgrade 

Please confirm - thanks

-mf

Retired_Member
Not applicable

I have the same issue.  It is specific to the iOS app (feed mode) running on iOS 16 when the iPad is in landscape mode and viewing a video or device.  The screen layout is broken.   This includes the back button being missing.  Only way to get out of it is to rotate the iPad to portrait at which point the back button reappears (along with the recording history for the device you are viewing) or force closing and reloading the app.  Running on an iPad with iOS 15 is or the iPhone is OK it seems with back button visible.  Reported this to support nearly 2 weeks ago but no response.    I have many other issues with the new ‘feed mode’ changes, this being one of them.  Hoping for swift updates or may have to ditch Arlo.  Was very happy with the old style ‘pre feed mode’ App, wish I could go back.   Unfortunately this ‘feed mode’ update is a mess at the moment.  Hope Arlo get it fixed soon.  🤞

MAL_57
Tutor
Tutor

...I also have no feed since the app was updated to 4.6.2 early today.  Although the interface appears to be intact. Also on IOS 16.5.1 on an iPad.

Feed worked ok yesterday, as late as last night 23:00.

No feed today after 4.6.2 was applied overnight.

Will call support when they open in the morning.

ad9i3f
Star
Star

good info to know and share. Thx. I hope they get this right & stop jacking things up. Sure I have android to fall back on - but some ppl might not. It's frustrating to have functionality that is working in one release only to have it disappear when there's an update. Please fix this Arlo - or I may have to bounce too.  Super frustrating

-mf

ad9i3f
Star
Star

ok - thanks for every ones input - and I've marked this as resolved due to portrait mode working instead of landscape. Even though I feel this IS a work around and ARLO should fix this (ie both portrait AND landscape should produce the desired results as the previous version of the ARLO Secure app did prior to latest version updates) - i can now see the cog wheel and a "back" arrow when i turn my iPad upright (portrait) .... my guess is (total WAG) - since phones are mostly used in portrait mode - this is why the app behaves this way on the iPad. 

Thanks to all who contributed to this and replied - but again - i feel ARLO should work to fix this as it had worked previously in landscape mode before the most recent iOS and ARLO Secure updates.

Last thing - for me personally when ARLO support asks you to uninstall the app or remove cameras from the base or WiFi and start all over - i think that's 100% BS for a lot of situations. In some instances there are valid reasons for that - but NOT every problem I encounter.

Once again - thank you all for replying and passing on some knowledge - its appreciated

-mf