Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 16 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 8 In Conversation
Youlee
Follower
Follower

Hi ! I updated the app 2 days ago with App store, and since then, Arlo secure is not working anymore. I tried to uninstall, load and install again, many times. Even tried to stop all the other apps before opening Arlo secure

Screenshot_20221209-220905.png

. Android version is 8.1.0. Please help or allow me to have Access to the old version. Thanks 

16 REPLIES 16
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Youlee,

We've heard reports that some users on Android versions 8 and 9 are experiencing an app crash on log in with the latest version of the Arlo Secure mobile app. The development team is working on a resolution for this issue. I will reach out to you in a private message with more information.

JamesC

Mautre
Aspirant
Aspirant

Anch'io ho lo stesso problema. Dopo aver fatto l'aggiornamento l'app non si apre più, perché dice che si è interrotta. Sul telefono di mio marito invece funziona bene. Anch'io ho provato a disinstallare e reinstallare ma non è servito. Avremmo urgenza di una soluzione o di poter tornare alla versione precedente. Grazie mille 

MSpain1
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have the exact problem myself I cannot get into my app I’ve tried to delete it reapply change the password. No it comes up with a message saying. “Unused second factor auth reached?” I never received any links under 2mins. 

User_sy
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have the same problem on my phone with Android 8.1.0. Arlo security app does not open after updating to the new Arlo security version 4.0.1_28499.  I sent diagnostic information from my phone.

User_sy
Aspirant
Aspirant

I also cannot start Arlo security app on my Android 8.1.0 phone after updating to the new version.  Could I get back to the previous version of the app? I'm monitoring my Arlo pro 2 cameras remotely.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

For those experiencing this issue, please make sure to update to the latest version of the app (4.0.2.1) from the app store and try again. This should resolve the issue.

JamesC

User_sy
Aspirant
Aspirant

I installed the new version 4.0.2.1 per JamesC. Arlo security app started, logged in, entered trusted name, and then got to black screen. It's showing black screen now for several minutes.

User_sy
Aspirant
Aspirant

Update...

I checked and the app had no permissions so I gave permissions to camera, location, contacts, microphone. And restarted my phone, and then restarted the Arlo security app. Without login process, I got to a screen showing new screen layout and then add widgets screen. That's great if I'm at the location with the cameras. I'm monitoring my cameras remotely. Is there a way to restore my previous setup? Or, do the setup remotely? 

Mkcox121
Tutor
Tutor

My iPhone application is no longer working like described by others after update. 

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Do you see Library or Feed? The latter means you're seeing the new interface. Takes a bit of getting used to. ANy problems with this?

Mkcox121
Tutor
Tutor

No I’m not able to log in. New interface worked for several weeks, now when I log in, it sends code to email/phone but goes back to login screen. Not able to type in two factor code anywhere. I’ve deleted and reinstalled multiple times. 

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Mkcox121,

Try reinstalling again, do you still experience the same behavior?

JamesC

Mkcox121
Tutor
Tutor

Yes, still the same thing after reinstalling. 

rosema12
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have the latest IOS software on my iPhone SE. The app doesn't work and I am frustrated because I need to log in by phone instead of laptop. It has not been working since the new Arlo Secure app was rolled out. I just deleted and reinstalled and the same thing is happening. Just returns to the Home Screen for login after I log in! The verification code comes to my phone but there is no place to enter it - just the regular login screen.  UGH

Mkcox121
Tutor
Tutor

Yep exactly, they don’t seem to believe or understand that it’s happening. 

rosema12
Aspirant
Aspirant

When will Arlo fix the app on IOS?